Contact ringtone - Setting problem (2002 OS)

Guest dodding nonkey

Guest dodding nonkey

I've assigned a ringtone to a contact and it works fine, except that the volume fades in at the beginning of the ringtone, (like the increasing ringtone setting on other phones). My profile ring type setting is 'ring' and the ring volume is loud - my normal ringtone starts at full volume. As I work in an environment that's mainly very noisy, if the ringtone ramps up, by the time I hear it it's often too late. Why the difference? Do I need to edit a registry setting, and if so which one, and what to?

If the answer is simple, and I'm just missing the obvious,please post it anyway, I'm sure everyone could use a laugh!

Guest dodding nonkey

DOH!! Thanks awarner! I didn't know there was a seperate profile when the phone is open. Morale of story; Don't check things with the phone on the cradle, check them with the phone as it would be in normal use!!

Yeah I had the same problem some weeks back before it donned on me what was going on, somewhat annoying, but I was just going through a phase of leaving the flip open when not in use at home.