C500 Default homescreen Mods

Guest J273

I'm working on something now, but the c500 homescreen plugin is pretty well hard coded, & non-customisable. Still, Crafty has figured out how to change the icons, and I've managed to add a few other plugins above/below the c500 one ...

Nice,Looking forward to seeing it,What i would like if possible is to add the plugin which shows the weather icons not to sure which plugin it is so if you say scrolled down to the globe it would give you your weather for your location,Do you think that would be possible,Thanks

Well, see the main problem seems to be that the c500 plugin is hard coded. The xml has very little in the way of customisable attributes, so at the moment, without actually hacking the entire plugin code, its difficult to change anything about whats contained in the plugin itself.

Problem no. 2 is that the c500 plugin is coded to be 180 pixels height, and when adding other plugins to the homescreen, if they are above the c500 plugin, then when you scroll up, the other plugin is selected - so you lose the ability to scroll up & down through the c500 plugin ... know what I mean!? :?

It seems a real shame that O have decided to release this plugin in this way, without any documentation. I have tried unsuccessfully to contact both O & Abaxia (the 3rd party co. who made the plugin) to no avail.

Maybe they didn't want the good people of modaco showing up their designers this time, by doing better work with their code than they can! :twisted:

Shame that really it would be great to say have weather and tv listings on the desktop viewable through scrolling to a different icon in the c500 homescreen,Hopefully after the c500's been out a little longer somebody will find out how to hack it to contain different plugins within it,If you get what i mean :?

I'm on the mutha******!! :)

Thats exactly what I'm trying to do. The homescreen would be great if I could do what the e200 plugin did, and proxy other plugins within, so that the icons would represent them.

It's totally daft to have a plugin for contacts, when you have a button dedicated to that, its just a waste of screen space. The camera one is pretty defunkt too - I mean theres a button for that! :evil: I have no idea what gives the designers the impression that people would want or use these things. The plugin could have so much more functionality, but they haven't coded it in such a way as to let us change things around.

Crazy if you ask me ... :?

Yes mate totally agree that exactly what i thought really,hope you master this plugin as it would be great, seen some of your other homescreens with the e200 plugin how you added like the msn status, would be great if you could do the same with the c500 plugin,Keep up the good work mate im sure youll master it mate :)

Could you tell me where the original xml for the c500 plugin is located as i cant even seem to find that,Also is it possible to change the font size of the original homescreen,Thanks :)

windowsOrangeHomescreen.home.xml is what you're after. I think that the font-size is just defined in the default section so i guess you could just change that although i'm not sure what that make any of the links too long?

thats one of the most annoying avatars i've ever seen btw!

I tryed to modifiy the Default Orange homescreen (with the icons on the left), because I like the icons but don't like the small font of the clock, but that didn't work. I ended with some little transparency and color changes for my background.

If you want to try it, just place the files in the rar-package (xml en jpg file), in your StorageApplication DataHome map.

Anybody knows how I can change the fontsize of the clock in the Default Orange Homescreen??

sc.jpg

BG&XML.rar

What i would like to do but i dont know if possible,Is to add the weather plugin from the screenshot below,But is the first screen with the date time and carrier on part of the c500 plugin or not,as if it wasent would it be possible to add the weather plugin,so that when you scroll down the weather plugin disapperars,If you get what i mean

hs001.gif

Guest earthling0001

I just posted this in a separate thread, but can anyone here send me the C500 homescreen as a zip that I can install on an E200, so it looks and works like a C500? ^_^

Guest crafty

earthling0001 in a word, No. The C500 homescreen won't work on an E200 cus the E200 doesn't have the neccessary plugins ^_^ Sorry!

On another note the guide thingy is coming - i wanted to release it at the same time as a homescreen i made - but the homescreen is being a pain in the ass...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest spacemonkey

Another helpful tip... If you've unlocked your C500 and moved the icons around... the c500 homescreen stops working right...

Copy Calendar, Contacts, Call History and Settings shortcuts to your pc. Set them to non system "attrib -s Contacts.lnk" etc then set them all to hidden "attrib +h Contacts.lnk" etc

Copy them back to your phone in the root of the start menu. Presto, the homescreen works but these extra copies won't appear on your start menu cos they're hidden.