FrogPad(TM) Introduces Smartphone Compatible iFrog

Guest squall

Good news for many in the Smartphone Community - another Bluetooth keypad on sale claiming to be Smartphone compatible.

This was announced a while ago but the company did not respond to queries I raised over Smartphone compatability.

frogwhiteright-large.jpg

FrogPad Introduces iFrog, the Industry's First One Handed Keyboard With Bluetooth Wireless Technology

PR Newswire

HOUSTON, Sept. 29 /PRNewswire/ -- FrogPad, an innovator in data entry methods for mobile computing, and its partner, Gennum Corporation (http://www.gennum.com/ ), announced today the global launch of iFrog, the first-to-market portable keyboard with Bluetooth technology. The iFrog is compatible with all Macs and PCs supporting the Bluetooth Human Interface Device (HID) profile, which describes how a keyboard will communicate with another Bluetooth device.

iFrog will include drivers for Bluetooth devices supporting Pocket PC, Palm OS, Symbian and Windows Mobile SmartPhone operating systems developed by strategic Mobile software partner -- cc2GO Wireless Technologies of Sydney Australia, http://www.cc2go.com/ . With this capability, the one-handed iFrog offers mobile operators and telco providers a new revenue opportunity to sell- in to their subscribers. In the future, the iFrog will also have drivers for Java and Unified Messaging devices. FrogPad will showcase the iFrog at MobileFocus at CTIA, October 25, 2004 in San Francisco.

"Bluetooth technology positions FrogPad as a leader in the development of new standards for the mobile wireless Internet," said Linda Marroquin, CEO of FrogPad. "This unique and powerful tool will support all portable mobile enterprise applications, such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as gaming and personal applications, and will power mobile operators to increase ARPU or revenue per subscriber."

Pricing and Global Availability

The iFrog, priced at $225 US, is immediately available for distribution through its offices and global partners in the US, Canada, the UK and all of Western Europe, Japan, Australia and New Zealand. Availability in Singapore will soon follow. To order from anywhere in the world, go to http://www.frogpad.com/ or call (US) 713-529-4474.

Pre order price, $175 through Oct 1st

See the Frogpad Online Store here.

Source: HispanicBusiness

Guest www.msmobiles.com
Good news for many in the Smartphone Community - another Bluetooth keypad on sale claiming to be Smartphone compatible.

Please note the word "will". It is not compatible yet. So if you will buy this keyboard you will not be able to use it with Microsoft Smartphone.

I also doubt that such drivers (i.e. Bluetooth HID for MS Smartphone) will be released any time soon.

Sorry for spoiling the fun but better to warn people from buying incompatible product....

If something says it will include doesn’t that mean it WILL come with it?

This looks like an excellent product. However it does bother me the company did not reply to my questions regarding compatibility, I hope this doesn’t reflect there customer support

Guest ultimasnake

it looks rather useless to me... i mean from a non full Qwerty keyboard on your phone to a non full Qwerty keyboard next to your phone :S... kinda useless if you ask me... and bluetooth is still rather bad on the Ms smartphones concerning battery and such ...

this is a "No Go" for me :)

Guest www.msmobiles.com
If something says it will include doesn’t that mean it WILL come with it?  

Yes, sure ok. I just wanted to point out that it is not available yet for MS Smartphone, to prevent people from making mistakes.

the english used in the press release, specifically that relating to the drivers,and the use of the word "will" is unclear, in that both the meanings that have been brought up in this thread are correct ways of interpretting what has been said.

Some clarification is needed.

this product isnt really aimed for mobile use, its mean to be for computer use really. The concept is that you can learn to type with your left hand in a few hours quite easily, while having your right hand on the mouse at all times. This would be useful for certain applciations.

LMAO. You've gone and spoilt it for me now. I can't get these horrible images out of my mind everytime I think of a one handed keyboard.............................Yeeeuuuuuccccchhhhhh! What sad, twisted person thought this device up?!?!

Guest www.msmobiles.com

No, no, no. It is not good news - it is just "news". Good news would be if they would claim that this keyboard is compatible with MS Smartphone NOW. But they claim that it will be in future and they redirect to third company, that is supposed to make drivers - so if company A redirects to company B then it usually means that company A is lying.

Let me tell it clearly: if this keyboard would have drivers for MS Smartphone I would be the first to buy it right away! However otherwise this keyboard is not worth even looking at it.

Guest markgamber

$175 for a PRE ORDER non-qwerty keyboard that apparently has little, if anything, to do with a smartphone? Well.....I have a phone it won't work with for only $1500 and includes a certificate you can show to all your friends that you have the cash to throw at junk marked up several times it's real value that may or may not ever work with any of the other junk you can't sell on ebay for more than 1/4 of what you paid for it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.