C500 on T-Mobile UK MMS Problems

Guest scopes64

Guest scopes64

I am getting a little :cry:

I have unlocked the handset everything works fine, I can make and receive calls, I can surf the web via GPRS, even checked MSN all is fine so the GPRS setting is correct. But when it comes to MMS ......

I have followed the settings for MMS on this forum and have spoken with T-Mobile a few times (Aren't they helpful when its not one of their handsets) All my settings seem fine, checked numerous times. But I cannot send MMS. The sim is enabled as in my previous handset (Nokia 6230) all was fine.

The really strange thing is I can receive MMS messages and have done so from the vodaphone network ... but i cannot send.

When I send an MMS I see the GPRS session open I get sending for a while then it just informs me that not all items at this time could be sent. If the MMS is being sent via auto I get a return MMS after about 1 min which states "System Administrator Message Status" is i open this i just get a grey screen and drop back to the home screen.

I think the C500 is by far the best phone I have ever owned .... all I need to do is fix this final MMS.

Any and all assistance would be welcome.

Guest scopes64

Ok .. getting worried and desperate ... I would have hoped someone would have had this working on T-mobile by now :? Hope I don't have to go and use my Orange SIM for full functionality

• 4 months later...

Well, not much luck with replies so far in this thread, but as it's a similar topic...

I am on Orange with a C500, I haven't changed any MMS settings from the default that came with the phone (with the latest ROM) and I have exactly the same symptoms (a System Administrator Message Status error message appears in the inbox and if you click on it you get a grey screen and then it goes back to the home screen).

Any ideas?

Guest Fruitini

Not sure if this is relevant but I had been having a problem recieving MMS's to my C500. The notification came through that there was a MMS there but when I went to my MMS inbox it was completely empty, despite the homescreen saying that I had messages. Tried to resolve the matter with Orange for 2 weeks with no joy. Decided to do a hard reset and this solved the problem. So thats my best advice for what its worth... Make sure you back up all your stuff thats stored on the phone, items on the storage card will be ok.

I think that my Orange problem has been sorted.

I called them up yesterday and they said that they would send me OTA settings. The message never arrived.

I called again today and the lady was quite surprised, as they don't support OTA settings for the C500. She led me through configuring MMS again, but everything seemed ok. She asked me to take out the battery while the phone was still on, then put it back in and take a picture and send it.

This seemed to work, and I am currently receiving a flood of my test messages, and I've had texts from people wondering why I've sent them Christmas MMS messages (I guess they must have been queued up somewhere!)

Alex

Guest buckingham84
I think that my Orange problem has been sorted.

I called them up yesterday and they said that they would send me OTA settings. The message never arrived.

I called again today and the lady was quite surprised, as they don't support OTA settings for the C500. She led me through configuring MMS again, but everything seemed ok. She asked me to take out the battery while the phone was still on, then put it back in and take a picture and send it.

This seemed to work, and I am currently receiving a flood of my test messages, and I've had texts from people wondering why I've sent them Christmas MMS messages (I guess they must have been queued up somewhere!)

Alex

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ive had the same problem, :cry: although Im on O2. Ive tried taking out the battery while the phone is still on but that didnt help, although I dont see how it would to be honest. Are you sure she didnt ask you to do anything else that might have solved the problem? Does anyone have anyother suggestions?

Ive tried the settings/cab files from the following threads and Ive tried sending a blank MMS without a picture, but I still have the same problem. :roll:

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=116826&st=0

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=4861

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=119575

I dont know if this has anything to do with it, but whenever I go back to the password field, in a setting, it is always much to long for the password I typed for example it says ************ when the password is only 8 letters long :shock:

Rich

Edited by buckingham84

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Wolfie24

Hey guys, I have just got an orange c500 phone too, and have payed to get it unlocked to use my o2 sim payg. anyways i too am having the "Systems Administrator Message Status" sent to me as soon as i have tried sending an MMS. And like the above guys have tried all the different settings that have been posted.

Have any of you guys fixed it yet? Let me know if you have and what you did to solve the problem :lol: Cheers :(

Martin, Im hoping my pm has reached you ok, as I thought u might be the man to help :D

Cheers.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest sisniper

I too am having this problem using vodafone on my unloacked c500.

although I also cant get normal GPRS to work, as I get coverage error even though i do have coverage :D

Si