Smartphone MRU help

Guest durag

Having an issue altering the default MRU list on my phone. I made some registry changes per this website:

http://midnight.modaco.com/

and it appeared to work, but after a couple resets it stopped. Now it cant find any of the programs in the MRU list because of the path or filename is incorrect.

Would a proper registry entry read like this?

Applications/Internet Explorer.lnk

Applications is a new folder I created and moved a bunch of programs, including Internet Explorer. I looked around to no avail. Anyone know? Or can anyone post what they have under HKey Current User/Software/Microsoft/Shell/StartMRU? I think that may help get me on my way. Thanks.

Was the path I posted correct? Also is it important to have the space then cursor like you put it? I tried erasing everything but the entry:

Applications/Internet Explorer.lnk

-Or do you mean do away with the "Applications" part of the path?

-I've tried both forward and back slashes and still the same thing. Wish I woulda paid more attention when I first started poking around:(. Man this is frustrating. :x Thanks.

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

So you have a sub-folder in your Start Menu named Applications?

If yes, then I think you should type:

IPSMWindowsStart MenuApplicationsInternet Explorer.lnk

Your StartMRU Values > Initial Order should look like:

IPSMWindowsStart MenuApplicationsInternet Explorer.lnk

Reg Edit.lnk

Notepad.lnk

Explorer.lnk

Task Manager.lnk

Betaplayer.lnk

<-- space

<-- cursor here

The above sample code will create 6 MRU icons on a reboot...ei Internet Explorer, Reg Edit, Notepad, Explorer, Task Manager, and Betaplayer.

Dont forget the space and cursor. :wink:

Thanks I got it going now. Only thing is that you dont have to add the "IPSMStart Menu" part. It only took me a few secs to find that so it's all good. Much appreciated though, I got it going.