The day I got my e200 replaced - DVD backup

Guest bluesmudge

Guest bluesmudge

Right i had my e200 replaced because the joystick stopped working, which is fine thats just physical ware and tare.

Replaced

less than 28 days later (now thats important, because orange will replace a replacement gone wrong within 28 days)

Dead bloody pixel right in the middle of the screen, now thats got to be the smallest, but most annoying of all the bugs!

Anyway its being replaced today.

Has anyone noticed no matter what problem you have Orange are just brilliant at issuing replacements and helping you out. So im not really bothered that its being replaced again, i will certainly choose orange again.

Another thing. The (recent?) release of dvd to mobile software has re launched my want for some decent dvd backup software. The one i use is unreliable and takes ages.

I tested out the DVD to mobile software from Makaya and if i could afford it i would buy it because it worked so well..... but $19.99 sounds cheap but whats that in £££££?

Does anyone know any just as cheap alternative or even better free?

Sorry this has been such a long thread, i suppose im bored waitin for the delievery of my replacement..

Guest ferret
19.99 USD  =  11.0871 GBP

Orange are usually ok at replacing e200 with me (on my 7th I think). Most of the time they do it straight away, but some needed a little persuasion.

I'm not aware of a free 'all in one' kits, but there are plenty of freeware apps that you can use independently. I personally use CladDVD ripper, DVD2AVI for the VOB to DivX, then VirtualDUB for the WAV to MP3 and interleave it with the video.

Guest bluesmudge

Just had the delievery....... im going to be brave and pay for the software....... but being a poor student i have to work out if i can still feed my self. *SOB* *SOB*

Guest the loc-man

and what do you think of it bluesmudge? I have a PPC ipaq 2210 and have the DVD 2 PPC app, which is cool, I like all in one solutions for ease of use.

Let me know what U think of it, and maybe post a sample vid file encoded, a few mins for a tester for us

cheers

Guest dazza12

I know this is treading on slightly dodgy ground, but your best source for video encoding information and many of the apps you will find in these paid for encoding packages is Doom9.

As regarding shrinking the finished files down to the PPC or Smartphone, there are a few posts somewhere about.

Guest bluesmudge

Also avoiding dodgy ground i won't be posting a clips (sorry). But if you want to try out the software for yourself its availble for trial from coolsmartphone.com

The software is great, its ripped a copy of back to the future in 126mb , i have a 128mb card, which actually is a load of crap because it'll only store 120mb. DAMN IT.

SO i've had to trial some software to knock down the size.

But my only real problem is there are no option to select a specific chapter to rip. which is a problem when trying to do a TV dvd episode by episode. you can though do the lot by itself. If anyone knows any diffrent to this let me know

Well thats all for now