Are you happy with the C500 despite the bugs?

Guest xerxes

Guest trumpetpants

Aye, I agree to a point. It's a cracking phone but I'm not sure the build quality is there yet...

I'm on my second one. The first had a dead pixel, the second had so much dust under the plastic screen after 2 days that it was unusable in daylight so am getting a 3rd from Orange. I'm hoping I just had 2 of a bad batch and the 3rd will be better. If not I'll put up with that as it's definatley a top phone.

BUT it is the best phone I've had in a long time, to the point where I'd say it is better than an SE P900. Tha was just a pain in the ar5e.

Guest shadamehr

I'm still 'generally' happy with my C500, but finding out today that pictures cannot be kept on the Memory Card for use as Wallpapers, has seriously had me questioning my assessment!

You CAN actually use them form the miniSD, let me quantify. BUT they won't survive a reboot - next time you switch on, it will be a blank screen. Even though the old E200 doesn't suffer this.

More worryingly, and I'm still trying to expirement, my first impressions are that this is because the phone cannot access the memory card early enough during boot up.

If so, we have a whole E200 SD Card bug all over again, just in a different way...

Oh hell!

Guest niacin65
I still think it's a great phone, what do you think niacin65 ?

Mine hasn't arrived yet, so can't offer an opinion. Will let you know, as I am looking forward to having one soon.

I still think it's a great phone, what do you think /you ?

Never saw this post, lol.

I am comign from a 3510i! My brother had the original SPV on the day it came out (I think!). I always loved it and when I saw this phone in the littlewoods catalouge at £189.99 I just had to have it. I had already bourght a 7610, but it never arrived from the guy on eBay (I got my money back - luckily).

So far i'm very impressed! I am a big gamer though, and getting ready for the arrival of my S60 7610 I downloaded loads of apps and games for that, the MS Smartphones just lack in apps and games!!

Too many things are released with bugs and never get fixed for this phone, its really annoying. It wouldnt be so bad if the java engine was ay good. The keypress issues bug me too.

However, for the price I payed its fantastic. I love this phone 8)

Haven't got mine yet. Was promised last week, then today, now tomorrow. It's my first smartphone, so looking forward to it. Will let you know when I get my hands on it.

I still think it's a great phone, what do you think /you ?

Not sure why you are asking me?

Any way I love it! the phone itself has a great call log, contacts are easy to find and the mp3 player is great.

The phone sync's with outlook better than any Nokia I have had, I really can't fault it.

Also very happy with my Parrot car kit which works great with the C500.

Guest ablufia
Are you really happy with your C500 /you ? No kidding?  ^_^

i am indeed happy - this is my first smartphone - after working out WTF was going on (it is a M$ OS after all) i'm more than happy - still learning, and my opinion of the phone is going up all the time !

Guest ka_boum

I was disappointed with the fact that dust puts itself behind the screen :D . I would of liked an FM radio headset. To me, it seems as if little has been added (except the bug fixing) since the first generation of SPV's :? . Sometimes the menus a rather "messy" :? . I read that MS is going to abandon the Smartphone business to concentrate on the Pocket PC's. Seems to me the joystick is quite fragile. Love the extra applications ^_^ . I think the MS Smartphones could of, with more investment, overrun the market :cry: . They needed rationalizing (some tings are less good than a Sony-Ericsson they should of offered at least the same simple functionnalitys; for example redial when busy) and better support to the customer (it is difficult to learn, we don't know if the info for the previous models is still valid, the user manuel is not extensive enough, sometimes the net-info is wrong... :x ). I'm still not sure if I don't prefer a K700i.

Ok, an update after over a month of C500 life.

Yes, I'm still very happy with this phone. Still no dust, case seems strangely scratch resistant (I'm very clumsy), the games I've got, eg Mini Golf, Pool Challenge, Links, Pico drive etc are all amazing (even with multipress probs, Sonic is very playable on Picodrive, and at nearly full speed? On a phone?). Movie viewing (with PocketDivx/Betaplayer) is excellent, MP3's sound great through proper headphones, books/news are perfectly catered for through Mobireader, the photos/videos are great considering the hardware.....this phone goes everywhere with me, my best chum. Only 3 probs:

1. Receptions not as good as my old O2 6100 (Bloody Orange)

2. GPRS bill got rather high (Bloody Orange again).

3. Where the hell do you get sugar lumps from in this day and age?

• 1 month later...
Guest spark-x

despite the problems - i really like my C500... it does crash once/twice a week but nothing major.. Words World Party is the only game i've really tried and that looks great on this phone.. business-wise, links with outlook easily, works well.

Guest waynepyrah

Hiya !

I'm more than happy with my new C500 :)

Updated it online immediately after purchase and don't seem to have noticed any obvious bugs. Managed to unlock the application lock on the Orange Developer website and alls going well

Cheers

You guys have persuaded me. I got myself a C500 a couple of weeks ago and it's just bloody fantastic.

The only thing I don't like too much is the rocker bar but I can live with that.

Guest ChemNerd

I am for the most very pleased with it. There are a few things that need work IMO but there are some very nice pluses.

I would say that as a "phone" it's probably one of the worst ones I've used/owned (the worst if not for my defective Nokia - it cut off at random time) - I hear this constant bzzzzzzz when I use it and the speakerphone microphone doesn't work all that well (half the time people can't hear me at allll) and the thing needs to be recharged every night for me (could go about 1.5 days I guess). That being said I don't talk on the phone much because I don't like it and I plan to buy a bluetooth headset which should get rid of the need for speakerphone and not have that damn buzzing noise - so these aspects are minimal.

But then there are those wonderful things, like sitting in bed watching tv and having your phone make the little noise telling you that you have a new e-mail and you can check it from your phone. There is also the wonderful integration with Outlook as a whole. Furthermore having some of the media capabilities and nifty little software peices is just the best hands down.

If you're looking for a phone - this isn't for you - it's so much more.