Unlocking the MPX220

Guest bryankia

Guest bryankia

I will be buying a MPX220 in the near future (if it will just come out) from Best Buy. I have my contract through T-Mobile so I understand I have to pay extra. Will they un-lock the phone for me at best buy or do I have to contact someone? I am kind of new to the high powered phone arena so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bryan

Guest eight_tracks

Now I cant say for sure, but all the info I got from a Cingular Rep says that they will be unlocked out of the box. They of course arent advertising this.

-Eight_Tracks

• 2 weeks later...
Guest PrettyUgly
I will be buying a MPX220 in the near future (if it will just come out) from Best Buy.  I have my contract through T-Mobile so I understand I have to pay extra.  Will they un-lock the phone for me at best buy or do I have to contact someone?  I am kind of new to the high powered phone arena so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bryan

you know that might be accurate because i did not see a cingular branding on the case of the phone. when i went to best buy

Guest sclui56

The Cingular branded MPx220 at BB are unlocked, besides Cingular branding in the F/W (Startup screen, Xpress Mail, etc), there's a Cingular branding below the keypad, to the right of the mouth piece.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Michael95GT

All Cingular Tri and Quad band "World Phones" are factory unlocked, it's their policy. I believe they started it with the release of the S/E T616 back last spring/summer.