Horizontal positioning on screen - Centering?

Guest dodding nonkey

Guest dodding nonkey

Is there an XML command to add to a line that will automatically centre a tag in the screen. I'm trying to centre the tag in the screen, but I can only place it starting at a set value (). Whilst this means I can 'centre' the word Orange in the screen, the words No Service look off centre, which makes my screen look somewhat amateur. (Yes, I know, if I'm asking this question I AM an amateur... but I wanna learn!). I've tried a search of this forum, but no joy. Somebody help me, please! (before my girlfriend becomes my ex because I'm spending all my life on the *&"£^$*& phone.)

Guest scott2eyes

Simple- instead of using an x="123" to position the text, put in halign="center" -This sets the horizontal alignment to the centre. (The American spelling is just something you have to get used to...)

If you want to tweak it at all, then use the padding-left and padding-right settings to create margins.

Also, the link in my sig. might be helpful getting started with XML coding[/shameless plug]

Good luck!

:)

Guest dodding nonkey

Thanks scott2eyes m8, I have visited your site, that was what gave me the confidence to start messing about with .xml! Guess I must have missed that bit though, there is a lot to to take in. It's bin a while since I messed with any kind of programming (C back in the 80s!) but I think I'm getting there (again)!

would the same be true of halign="left" and /or "right"? Its OK, no need to reply, I'll try it for myself!

PS m'Julie say 'perhaps now I can talk to you an get more than a 'mmm' for an answer'

Guest scott2eyes
Thanks scott2eyes m8, I have visited your site, that was what gave me the confidence to start messing about with .xml!
Cool! That's really nice to hear.

PS m'Julie say 'perhaps now I can talk to you an get more than a 'mmm' for an answer'

Heh heh- that's until you start perfecting the background graphics or something...

:wink: