C500 camera problems

Guest incognitolad

Guest incognitolad

Greetings all!

Has anyone noticed any strange things with the C500 camera?

I've had my phone almost 6 weeks now and I only really noticed a problem today.

The problem is: if you take photos of something with a light background the photos are bright in the middle and dark around the edges. I've included a pic I took with my camera today. In case you're wondering its meant to be a beige wall!

Anyone else had this problem?

IMAGE_104.jpg

Guest evans.rhys.gavin

i tell you what has been happening with my camera its telling me i have 8 minutes of space to record video when i choose storage card as my memory and when i click capture it tells me i have no memory after 2 seconds it only happens now and again very annoying

• 2 weeks later...
Guest clonmult
All (digital) cameras do that...

More accurately, all cheap cameras with lousy lenses do that. Which invariably means cheap digital cameras (camera phones included). The lenses on cheap disposables always seem to be better/sharper. Wierd.

• 5 months later...
Guest pierre
i tell you what has been happening with my camera its telling me i have 8 minutes of space to record video when i choose storage card as my memory and when i click capture it tells me i have no memory after 2 seconds it only happens now and again very annoying

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I got exactly the same boring problem, even after exiting all apps. Anyone is able to film more than 10 sec.

?

I read on another forum, a tweak to increase recording time for mpeg4, but it didnt work. I have this SAME problem. If you record mms video, you can record a lot, but I cant get more than 4 seconds of mpeg 4.

closing programs does NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT help. :D

:D

Hopefully someone has a good idea to fix this.

EDIT: links in the text that I type is stupid. I wish this forum didnt resort to it, its the same crap on teamxbox.com and its FUGGIN annoying.

Edited by teh

Guest coyspiracy
I read on another forum, a tweak to increase recording time for mpeg4, but it didnt work. I have this SAME problem. If you record mms video, you can record a lot, but I cant get more than 4 seconds of mpeg 4.

closing programs does NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT help. :D

:D

Hopefully someone has a good idea to fix this.

EDIT: links in the text that I type is stupid. I wish this forum didnt resort to it, its the same crap on teamxbox.com and its FUGGIN annoying.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

same problem here...sux badly..the only way around this issue is to soft reset the device, but its really annoying...

Guest coyspiracy
I soft reset and still have the problem :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yea, ur right. i guess the phone just doesnt have the required ram to run the video recorder software.. i dont know. anyone?

Guest jporch316

if you use task manager and press 2 - it clears all programs form memory. This will allow your camera to run longer (does on my c500!) - have my folder set to storage card as well.

Also have task manager set on speed dial for easy access.

Guest moosery

vignetting

and no, not all digital cameras do it!

but the c500 certainly seems to. I could make an educated guess and say that they cheaped out on the lens, if they'd used a slightly bigger one then the falloff wouldnt have been so noticable.

I say, if you want a decent pic, get a proper CCD digi camera (not the cheaper CMOS as mobiles and crap £10 digis generally are)..hehe...

Guest DAK ATTACK
vignetting

and no, not all digital cameras do it!

but the c500 certainly seems to. I could make an educated guess and say that they cheaped out on the lens, if they'd used a slightly bigger one then the falloff wouldnt have been so noticable.

I say, if you want a decent pic, get a proper CCD digi camera (not the cheaper CMOS as mobiles and crap £10 digis generally are)..hehe...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is very true!

Most handheld/phone devices use CMOS because its A) cheap :D no CCD builds around with decent CE drivers.

CMOS targets the brightest object to correct its exposure hence why outdoor pictures are much better. CCD uses multiple targets to obtain the best exposure giving the picture far better quality.

Regarding your issue of memory this is unusal, of coure running a task manager app will free memory but it seems the camera software is locating numbers for storage. Have you tried rebooting the phone, resetting the picture image naming and/or changing zoom to confuse/reset the application?

Guest benzo
Try recording to the phone's internal memory only.  My AVI always works, to the card or not.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I suggest that you not only free up RAM by closing unused apps, but also install as many programs to the memory card, as they take up up space on the phone memory that can be used as RAM fpr filming, recording wavs etc.