BAD NEWS FOR EUROPE

Guest boeboe

Guest boeboe

:cry: A lot of different websites in the Netherlands were showing a release date :cry: of october 15th.Time to investigate.Went into some major shops selling divers gsm units and asked about the mpx 220 and mpx 300.None of the stores had them in their system.And the phonehouse(which is pretty large told me they get a monthly arrivals list.OK time to call some online vendors who had an estimate arrival time of october 15th.BAD news:They all confirmed that there was no release date set and do not expect to get them this month.Final step:calling Motorola Europe.I got a clear answer.There are no release dates set.Both units are postponed till 2005.This is for sure.I asked for the reason and they told me that the MPX 200 sold very poorly and that Motorola is not sure if the Mpx serie will be better toward sales.I must say this is a major throwback and it looks if you wanna get a 220 you will have to import it from the U.S.

Why is Motorola doing this.

Guest AvWijk

Hey,

I'm also a dutchman and I have the black MPx220 now, although its a only a beta version. (ROM 0.3, camera quality still sucks) I work for www.nieuwemobiel.nl, the biggest phone comparing site on the dutch market. For the release date I cant'give you an satisfiing answer because I don't know it either. It depends on the quality of the product. The software development of the phone takes a lot of time and it's not acceptable to bring an expensive phone on the market with a 1.2 megapixelcamera so worse, that de SonyEricsson T630's CIF camera would be better! That would be a big bummer for Motorola and Chi Mei (hardware manufacturer of the MPx200 and MPx220) wouldn't it.

So, in the worst case the hardware must be changed (lenses) in order to improve the camera quality. It seems to me that no ROM update can help this :cry:

But, please take a look at the phones I have now, the MPx220 is one of the prettiest and it's worth the wait if the software and camera is ok. I just love the phone, many others envy me :) Soon on www.nieuwemobiel.nl is a review available of my Mpx220! (Sorry english users, review will be in Dutch)

telefoontjes.jpg

Guest Underdog_2k

YES!!!! just bought the t630 cause got a good deal (and sick of waitin :evil: ),So when I'm sick with the t630 I'm able to buy the mpx220, finally...

Just spoke to someone I know who works at O2. He said the MPX220 was imminent and will be onsale mid-end of this month. Gave me this LINK that has the MPX220 and others on it.

Guest boeboe

I am from the netherlands too.I have played with the mpx 220 for a while but decided to sell it in order to wait for the final version.About the release date i can only tell that this is eminent for the Benelux(2005 release).Of course you will be able to get the phone via import.I am glad because i will be going to the states end october.So i can pick one up over there.One advice.Don't buy a prerelease model.You will regret it.Also i had a mpx 300.It rules in form factor,but the hardware gave to many problems.I have sold it too with huge profit.

Someone educate me on O2 then. Do they have similar deals as orange with free phones if you take a 12 month contract and stuff?

Yeah, the O2 online part do some really good deals. Great tariffs such as O2 online 200 which gives you 200 anytime xnetwork mins, 500 texts, 125 MMS .5mb GPRS all for £30 per month. The only downside is they have crap customer sevice and it costs 50per min. Have a look at www.o2.co.uk

Guest midnight
Is it me or is the screen of the C500 smaller than the mpx 200/220?

What's the pros and cons on the c500.  Ease of use / carrying / and feel.  Thanks.

the C500 screen is actually larger than the mpx220 screen, which is the smallest screen on any MS Smartphone to dat at 2 Inches, compared to 2.2 Inches of the others.

Guest Grinder84

I'm also Dutch.

GSMdealer.nl told me yesterday that they would receive them in November. And he was pretty sure about his case.

But well, we'll see eventually...