Biorhythms Plugin

Guest drfonz

Guest drfonz

Well,

it took a while, but I managed to get this out of the door whilst getting sleepless nights thanks to a 2 day old gorgeous lady :)

So here it is, the latest plugin (for the moment) that you can use in your Homescreens. It's a mixture of textual and graphical information that displays your biorhythms for the day, as well as a few days before and a few days after.

For a longer explanation of what biorhythms are and how you can fun with them, you can check the dowload link below.

There a are few designers working hard at getting some cool screens that make use of this plugin so I hope soon you'll see a few new posts either here or in the Customisation Homescreen Downloads forum.

Also, there is plenty of room for improvement and new features are on the way, so please feel free to use this thread to make suggestions, report bugs or just rant about anything to do with the plugin.

So without further ado, I give you the Biorhythms Plugin [Download Page]

Enjoy!

Dr Fonz

Skunkchild002.gif

Guest mfioble

Pasted the code into a homescreen that I am using but nothing is appearing. I am running 2002 on a MPx200. I could be doing something wrong but thought I would give some feedback as the plugin for 2002 is listed as experimental.

Guest Skunkchild

I've only got access to 2003 now so I'm afraid I can't help just yet. If you pm me your full homescren code then I'll try and look into it in Dr Fonz's absence.

Hi Olly,

you'd be mad not to be skeptical, since this biorhythm thing is all a bit wishy-washy. Having said that, the theory goes that we're influenced by many things that are cyclical such as the moon, sun, seasons, etc... You know, same as the tides...

I'd take everything with a pinch of salt, but it's good fun to look at them and kind of guess what your day is going to be like. Sometimes it'll freak you out how right it gets things. Then again, sometimes it won't. Still, it's good fun to find out ^_^

To mfioble,

as it says on the website, like Skunkchild I have no access to a 2002 device, so it is untested. scott2eyes tried it in his and he couldn't get it to work either. The code for the 2k2 version is compiled is compiled with eVC++ 3.0 and the 2002 SDK, without any warnings or errors, but obviously something is not quite right. But having no access to a 2002 device makes it very difficult for me to find out what's wrong... Still, I'll have a look through all the code and see what I can find. Hang in there!

Cheers guys!

Dr Fonz

Good news for SP2002 users! ^_^

I found a tiny little bug in the code which prevented the plugin from being initialised at all by a 2002 phone. The bug is gone and so hopefully everybody will be able to enjoy this plugin now.

Again, I've only tested it on the emulator, but I'm pretty confident it should now work on the phone as well.

Let me know how it goes! I'll keep my fingers crossed until I hear back from somebody... :wink:

Get it at the normal download site (first post on this topic).

Dr Fonz