MPx220 Coming to O2

Guest Brody

Guest Paul [MVP]

And there's your mistake... listening to something MSMobiles wrote!

That was a total misinterpretation of what was said in a MoDaCo chat...

P

Guest agent.m

not a clam shell fan but an o2 smartphone sounds great :) . Will this mpx220 be better than the mda?? hearch a lot about this phone but need convincing.

Guest AetherKnight

Well, this is the e-mail exchange I had with Orange today... (7 Oct 2004)

I'd like to enquire as to whether or not Orange will be carrying the due-for-release Motorola MPx220 handset, and if so, what the timescale is for its introduction.

Many Thanks.

Thank you for your mail received regarding the Motorola MPX 220 mobile phone.

May I thank you for your enquiry regarding this handset.

Regrettably Orange do not have any immediate plans to release this handset as it is not currently on our review list.  This would mean that it is unlikely to be released within the next 3 months.

May I apologise that I am unable to assist you further with your enquiry currently and I trust that this clarifies the current position for you.

So it would seem that at the outside, Orange won't be carrying the MPx220 very soon....

Yeah, I got pretty much the same, although I got told what phones were under review..

we are constantly extending our range of phones and the following phones are at present under review.

Nokia 2650

Motorola C385,V3,V545

Sagem myX5-2

Samsung E300

Panasonic X700

Sony Ericsson K500i, P910i

Im definately switching to the first provider to carry the mpx220

Guest kyrkesmith

Yeah, I get the impression that Orange don't think there's room for too many MS Smartphones in their range (and possibly don't want the MPx220 to take sales from the C500). If they don't carry it, I'm seriously considering getting one on O2. Orange's reception is crap in my house (although I'll be leaving it fairly soon), and coupled with the apparantly not too greatly improved reception of the MPx220, I think I could become irritated.

Nevertheless, if Orange come up with version two of the C500 and fix the bugs, I might be persuaded to stay.

if Orange come up with version two of the C500 and fix the bugs,

Ha!! The C500 is 4th phone from the Orange/HTC relationship and each one had at least one update (maybe with the exception of the C500, I don't know....). I've lost confidence in HTC myself....

Guest midnight

yoos, i wouldnt criticise the C500 if you dont own one, its a cracking 'little' phone. And personally i'd rather have a phone they do update and fix bugs than a phone that never gets updates. (even if they are a bit slow on the update front)

Guest RussellH
Yeah, I got pretty much the same, although I got told what phones were under review..

we are constantly extending our range of phones and the following phones are at present under review.

Nokia  2650

Motorola C385,V3,V545

Sagem myX5-2

Samsung E300

Panasonic X700

Sony Ericsson K500i, P910i

Im definately switching to the first provider to carry the mpx220

No mention of the M2000. Is that because it's Pocket PC Phone Edition rather than Smartphone, or could the M2000 be further from release than expected?

Guest Sonicr360

I am not a fan of the C500 after playing with the phone for approx 1 hour in the Orange Store.

But I am extremely pleased that O2 look like they will carry this because where I live, the Orange signal is completely non existant ^_^

And running a business with Orange has been very very stressful, especially when the signal is extremely poor (less that one bar on many many occasions).

O2 signal here is great, as they were my original mobile service provider.

I cannot wait!!

Sorry, as I said, not a fan of the C500 - yes, its small, fast, but for me personally, it is not for me.

Simon

Guest Terrapin

Just called up the O2 online shop and was told that the MPX220 might be available in the last week of november, subject to acreditation. They didn't have any price details.

Am dead keen to get this, O2 have some decent online tariffs and i'm not spending another year with orange unless they let me keep my number and move to a new starters square deal package.

Roll on november ^_^

Are there any reviews of the MPX220 about yet? I'm mostly interested in the size compared to an e200 and what the battery life is like, cheers.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.