HELP - where 2 store pics on MiniSD card for Homescreens...?

Guest shadamehr

Guest shadamehr

I have a feeling this post will get a high VIEWED count, but not a high POST count...

Because I think many of you will spot the title and think you have the answer, but when you read the issue I am having will then say "mmmm, oh right, that's strange..."

My problem is that now that my MiniSD has arrived, I have moved the hundreds and hundreds of pics I had on my phone to use for homescreen wallpapers, onto the memory card.

if I use:

Storage CardMy Documents

As the location to place them, the images all show up fine in the Settings > Home Screen menu, and I can set whichever image I like, and it works fine.

BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.....

When I turn my phone off, on next reboot, I get nothing but a plain white background, as if the phone doesn't know where to look for images, or the card is not 'readable' in time.

Now this is strange, because I swear blind, deaf, and mute, that on my old E200, I had hundreds of images on the memory card, that worked fine for wallpapers, and were there on a phone boot up.

So can anyone tell me WHERE I am meant to put images on the storage card, for use as homescreen backgrounds, that work when the phone is switched on...?

Or am I doing it right already, and it sounds like I have a bug...?

Guest shadamehr

ARGH BOLL*X

I've just tested this with my old E200...

I put some images on the Storage Card, both the root, AND in a My Documents Folder on it.

I set one of these images as a Wallpaper...

Fine.

I reboot.

And the Wallpaper is displayed again fine.

Now I try this again on the C500...

And any picture used as a Wallpaper on the C500... if it's stored on the memory card, it DOESN'T survive a phone boot...

ARGH BOLL*X - why does this work on the E200, but NOT the newer C500...

So does this mean its another NEW C500 bug?

Can anyone get this to work - backgrund images for wallpaper on the STORAGE CARD of a C500 that is fine after switching the phone off and back on...?

Argh BOLL*X