MPx220 now available in the USA... but all is not well!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest AIM-Gert

AS being a proud owner of a test device for several months now, I must admit, the things mentioned here, the bad camera quality, volume of the ring tone to low, soudn qulity to low when on the phone. Are also in this engineer sample.

So it looks like the devices sold there still have the bad firmware in it ??

strange

Guest dling1971

Just called the Best Buy in San Marcos, CA and one in Miami, FL. They both have the 220 in stock....got them on Thursday. I spoke with a rep at the Best Buy in Bellevue, WA and he stated Moto sent to FL and CA first and that everyone else should receive by the 14th..............

hmmmm... have to say, after all the people that got 'em, I haven't seen one guy say anything along the lines of "you're nuts. I'm not having any problems at all."

Hmmm... looks like the iMate SP3i will be ordered soon. I have a buddy hell bent on getting the MPx220 the day it hits Best Buy so I'll be able to see and compare for myself.

I have to say, I'm really bummed. Really, REALLY bummed.

-Mc

Guest midnight

hmmmm, i've been hearing 'slightly' different reports from some people.....

Hinge issue doesnt appear to be on all phones, a few people have said theres nothing wrong with the hinge

Camera quality isnt 'that bad' when you take pictures outdoors, the problem seems to be when indoors and especially while using the flash (its useless apparently)

Battery does last 2 days, just (seems to be similar battery life as the E200)

oh, and on another note, reports ive heard are its FAST, faster than the C500 in fact. Maybe it isnt a total lost cause, camera can still be tweaked through an update, as can battery life, but, whether Moto release an update is another matter.

Guest Paul [MVP]
All i Can say is... WELL DONE ORANGE 

Moto need to start again, (what a shame). (Even the high end mpx sports a  bad camera too and buggy software)

The MPx is a LONG way from being finished, so we can't judge it yet ^_^

P

Was just emailed this from at&t

The wait is almost over - Motorola's MPx220 is on its way!

Soon YOU can have the phone with ultimate connectivity. The Motorola

MPx220 allows you to stay up to date with your email, calendar and

contacts when you are on the move. Thank you for letting us know that

you're interested. We will be sending you an email so you are one of the

first to know when and where you can buy this product - on line and in

stores through AT&T Wireless.

Features: 

-        Windows Mobile 2003

-        Quad Band

-        Bluetooth ® Wireless Technology

-        1.23 megapixel camera with short-range flash and video recorder

http://www.motorola.com/mdirect/hellomoto/...0&cm_ite=Kernel

Motorola and AT&T Wireless are teaming up to offer you a FREE gift. 

the first 1,000 people who purchase the Motorola MPx220 at AT&T Wireless

and register it online get a FREE HS810 headset with Bluetooth ®

capabilities by mail!

Guest mike-oh

Firstly :cry:

What am i going to do now?! Upgrade time is almost upon me and i can't think of a phone out there that i want?!

C500 is ugly and poor for games,

MPX220 is chunky and not upto scratch in all departments.

Must i stick with my MPX200? It's good but old and i want speeeeed and a shiny new toy!

Guest nickcornaglia

I went to BestBuy in Mount Laurel, NJ today at lunch.

They are actually more clueless than the Network CSR's.

The guy didnt know anything about the phone but tried to tell me that since they are "the" largest selling BestBuy store in the US that they would have gotten it first if it was "truely" coming out. I asked when they get their shipments in. He said on Tuesday nights after hours so anything they got in would be displayed on wednesday. The guy on the phone the night before said they got their shipments in on Mondays.

Although he knew nothing about the phone...he still tried to sell me an SD card for it in advance. he also told me that I could switch from AT&T to Cingular without any cancellation fees.

There is a Cingular store right next door. This new stooge there told me that BestBuy would NEVER get the phone in before them. EVER! He also told me that you can not switch from AT&T to Cingular without cancellation fees. (Which I assume is true at this time.)

But I still have yet to see a glimpse of the phone "in the flesh" though I will still probably wait for the US version of the C500.

IDIOTS! Why do we know more than those actually selling these things. Shouldnt they be educated so they could educate the consumer? And why do they get sooooo mad when you tell them that they are wrong. Sheeesh!

Guest Monolithix [MVP]
Although he knew nothing about the phone...he still tried to sell me an SD card for it in advance.

Did you tell him it only takes mini-SD's? ^_^

Guest grossygrossy

They really are idiots. I've been going to Best Buy every 2-3 hours to see if I can get my hands on one and they tell me something different everytime I walk in - some from the same people!

Has anyone checked out the Bluetooth app? That's what I've been waiting for.

Guest refnulf

Well, the c500 is ugly, although it's beginning to look really good now compared to the other below par quality smartphones out there.

The SDA is what I want and the only way to get these phones are from expansys or something. I'm just worried about repairs, and upgrades, etc. No service centers for that here...

so buying from a website would be problematic later on...

Guest Chaser81

I am not overly concerned about the MPX220, as wasnt planning on getting one of those anyway, but what does concern me is how this bodes for the MPx, motorola's PPC Phone edition that is supposed to be out next year. If there are so many build quality issues with the MPX220, how can I justify waiting for a phone that will probably disappoint me?

Guest grossygrossy

I just visited Best Buy in San Diego and they are selling the MPX220 for $350 with service and $500 without. They're unlocked and ready to go. After grilling the salesperson about the Smartphone platform, I am satisfied he knows what he's talking about. He said the battery life is not as bad as some of the reports I've read here. The camara could use a better lens. Its fast, so he says, very fast. The bluetooth apprently works very well. That's all I have for now....

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.