Debugging against the c500 (eVC4)

Guest spacemonkey

Guest spacemonkey

Anyone got this working yet? I dd the spdps.exe thing which seemed happy... but when I finish the compile I get this message:

The ARM SA1100 CPU does not support configuration XXXXXX - Win32(WCE ARMV4) Release! Executable will not run on device. Continue?

However, if I copy the executable over by hand it runs just fine...

Any ideas?

I know Croccy was trying to get this working - dont know if he did in the end

Perhaps it's because of the partially locked registry stuff on the C500 ?

[EDIT]

From the sdk help :-

To prepare an actual Smartphone device that is attached to your desktop computer by using ActiveSync, and on which device you are not in the Manager Role (a mobile operator-managed device) and you need to select the signing certificate provided by the mobile operator:

SPDPS

[/EDIT]

still use my old spv for that level of debugging atm ^_^ (doesn't help if you want to do 2k3 tho - which I know you do)

Guest spacemonkey

Hmm... should check it on my e200, although I'm sure the app in question (PocketSNES) worked on e200, but not on C500...

The error to me sounds like the SDK is missing the C500's processor from it's list of compatible ARMs... not really that's it's incompatible, just that it doesn't know... it may be some other issue anyway, I'll have a hack tonight and if I find a solution or more info I'll post it back.

I know that one problem I do have when attempting to connect to the c500 with the remote view tools and the like is that I often have to select ppc2k3 instead of smartphone2k3 to actually attach

Guest spacemonkey

Problem solved... it was just me being dumb and getting confused by the messages.

The actual problem was I had the wrong / in my destination. ie /Storage Card/XXX when it should have been Storage CardXXX

As far as the "error" messages re processor types, just ignore them and click continue and it debugs just fine.