Mac, Mac Lite and Mac Plus

[203]Mac.gif

File Name :: Mac, Mac Lite and Mac Plus

Author :: crafty

Category :: Computer

Description ::

b]Features

CAB installer.

A mod of the C500 default homescreen with a Mac feel to it and with added full screen missed call and new message (SMS and MMS) screens.

Comments

C500 ONLY - it probably needs to be unlocked as well.

Many thanks to randy as i kinda 'borrowed' from his Mac OS X skin for some of the colour scheme. ^_^

Installation instructions:

1. Download the attached zip file and unzip it somewhere on your PC.

2. Copy the files Homescreen_MenuF.bmh and Homescreen_MenuS.bmh and paste them into your windows folder on the phone - ok overwriting them default files.

3. Install the CAB in the usual way.

As you might have guessed, because you need to copy files into the windows folder, they will be lost every restart - so you'll need to copy them over every time you restart. Pain in the a**e but the only way (i've found) to customise the plugin.

Updates

12/10/04 - Mac Lite added - same as C500 Mac but without the Mail or Missed Call alert screens.

15/10/04 - Extra screens CAB added.

15/10/04 - Mac plus added - Same as C500 Mac but with added Alarm and WMP plvgins - see notes below.

Updated Thu, Jan 27 2005 1:17 pm

View File

@J273 - thats exactly what i did at first but it completely messes up the main plugin; if you put any other plugins below the verticle icon plugin, whenever you press down (no matter where abouts you currently are in that plugin) it takes you to the plugin below. e.g you could have the calander icon highlighted and want to press down to go to the camera/pic icon but it takes you to the plugin below. It is kinda useable as pressing up lets you scroll through things normally, it's just really annoying! Could post it if ya like?

nice!!!

sorry for my very very bad english!

it's possible to create an instruction or prog xxxx.cab ( in the startup folder) to copy this file to windows?

it's an possible way? :?:

cheers for the comments guys ^_^

@cosca i've tried that with no luck - i made a CAB that installed the images to the windows folder during startup but the installation always failed. I did start a thread in Cust Disc asking for help but no-one replied :D I also tried a program called patcher but that didn't work either...

Guest Jasonkruys

Any chance of a version without the extra screens? The new message screen particularly doesnt work that well and as such is fairly useless for me. It offsets the homescreen slightly, and only on pressing up a couple of times on the joystic do I see the message bit. I have tried all kinds of thins to make this behave well. Any ideas?

@Jasonkruys - added Mac Lite to the first post - same as before but without the New Message or Missed Call alerts. The Abaxia plugin seems to mess up the layout. Sometimes it works properly for me and other times just messes up the layout... now you have the choice ^_^

Mac Plus added to first post. This is the version i referred to above - it includs the alarm status/time and the Media Player Control (you'll need to have the plvgin installed) plugins. As i said this doesn't work flawlessly as the Vertical Icon plugin dooesn't like sharing the homescreen real estate with anything else. As such, if you are anywhere in the vert icon plugin and press down, it will take you straight to the alarm plugin [do not pass go do not collect £200 ^_^]. It's still useable as you can press up to scroll through the options but can be annoying when you forget and press down and it boots you down to the alram plugin. It also slightly looses focus when you are scrolling back up from the Alarm/WMP back to the Vert Icons but just keep going up and it sorts itself out.

As you can tell it's far from perfect BUT if you want to see your alarm status or control media player from the homescreen and you can live with the 'features' then this may be for you. I use Media Player a lot so this works for me.

thankyou please.

Great work crafty looks great mate,But do tou think its possible to remove 1 of the items off the homescreen and replace it with the alarm plugin if you get what i mean,Like say if you removed the bottom globe with the orange links and replace it with the alamr plugin,Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Guest colincliff

Excellent skin!

Any chance you could explain how to remove the globe and alarm options so the Mac Plus screen does not need to move down.

ie. the last icon on the bar is wmp and pressing down won't cause the screen to mess up.

I really like the mac plus options (new message notification etc) but i dont need the alarm and web access.

Cheers

Excellent skin!

Any chance you could explain how to remove the globe and alarm options so the Mac Plus screen does not need to move down.

ie. the last icon on the bar is wmp and pressing down won't cause the screen to mess up.

I really like the mac plus options (new message notification etc) but i dont need the alarm and web access.

Cheers

Thanks mate and welcome to the site ^_^

Seeing as you asked so nicely, here's what you asked for: C500 Mac Plus 2!

Unfortunately it doesn't work 'flawlessly' - OrangeAbaxia really have gone out of their way to make this homescreen uncustomisable! :twisted: What i mean is that while i have shortened the verticle icon plugin to only have five elements (i.e. removed the globe) and it does display WMP as the last item, the plugin still behaves like there are 6 icons, and if you expand the pic/camera icon, some of the options are lost cus it doesn't realise that there isn't any space below for it

That aside, it does work and gives all the functionality you asked for so take a look and make up your own mind.

Crafty

8)

C500 Mac Plus 2.CAB

• 5 months later...
Guest Steviecooluk
[203]Mac.gif

File Name :: Mac, Mac Lite and Mac Plus

Author :: crafty

Category :: Computer

Description ::

b]Features

CAB installer.

A mod of the C500 default homescreen with a Mac feel to it and with added full screen missed call and new message (SMS and MMS) screens.

Comments

C500 ONLY - it probably needs to be unlocked as well.

Many thanks to randy as i kinda 'borrowed' from his Mac OS X skin for some of the colour scheme. :D

Installation instructions:

1. Download the attached zip file and unzip it somewhere on your PC.

2. Copy the files Homescreen_MenuF.bmh and Homescreen_MenuS.bmh and paste them into your windows folder on the phone - ok overwriting them default files.

3. Install the CAB in the usual way.

As you might have guessed, because you need to copy files into the windows folder, they will be lost every restart - so you'll need to copy them over every time you restart.  Pain in the a**e but the only way (i've found) to customise the plugin.

Updates

12/10/04 - Mac Lite added - same as C500 Mac but without the Mail or Missed Call alert screens.

15/10/04 - Extra screens CAB added.

15/10/04 - Mac plus added - Same as C500 Mac but with added Alarm and WMP plvgins - see notes below.

Updated Thu, Jan 27 2005 1:17 pm

View File

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

]This looks really cool but can I ask which windows folder do I put the Homescreen_MenuF.bmh and Homescreen_MenuS.bmh files in, is it in the windows folder that you put in or the one in the storage folder?

And also wonder if you're able to tell me how do I get the orange bar with the icons that orginally came with the phone like your groovy mac version, as for some unknown reason it's disappeared as well the windows mobile at start up! Would be most grateful if you could advise me on how to resolve it or you have a software solution please!

Keep up the great work, and I like the idea of the sms message as it's great for us deaf people as we need eyes to see rather than a small envelope! :D Although wonder if that is with the side bar software or is it in one of the other plus files?

Many thanks and sorry for the questions! ;)

Many thanks!

Guest Steviecooluk

Have followed the instructions as said on the page and put the home screen files into windows folder. But nothing is on the screen apart from the wallpaper. But when I receive a text or receive a call, the bar comes up along with the "new message" or "missed call" box on it, I open it then go back to the home page. It goes back to blank screen without icon bar!

Any ideas on how to resolve that problem please.

Many thanks.

• 4 months later...
Have followed the instructions as said on the page and put the home screen files into windows folder. But nothing is on the screen apart from the wallpaper. But when I receive a text or receive a call, the bar comes up along with the "new message" or "missed call" box on it, I open it then go back to the home page. It goes back to blank screen without icon bar!

Any ideas on how to resolve that problem please.

Many thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have the same problem.. any solutions?!

• 6 months later...
Guest Jamma14
Nice Bump!  =D>

The author doesn't seem to be very active here anymore. Only 2 posts in the last year or so.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't like you're attitude really. :roll: ;)

Pilenman, as for it not working on your XphoneII, it's because you need the abaxia homescreen plugin for it to work. If you have an orange device, you can copy homescreen.dll from the windows folder, and install it on your xphone by following steps HERE.

HTH

James

• 2 weeks later...
Guest veef13
I don't like you're attitude really. :roll: ;)

Pilenman, as for it not working on your XphoneII, it's because you need the abaxia homescreen plugin for it to work. If you have an orange device, you can copy homescreen.dll from the windows folder, and install it on your xphone by following steps HERE.

HTH

James

is it me or does this download not work anymore.. i get a error returned 0 message???

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.