i600 on airplane?

Guest rondo1974

Guest rondo1974

From what I've seen, the Samsung i600 doesn't have an "airplane mode" that would allow you to use the PDA functions without the wireless phone being "on"... is this the case? I believe the Treo 600 has such a mode. I was just wondering if this has proven to be a problem for those of you who have an i600 and travel a lot. Thanks!

Press the Quicklist key (top botton on right side of phone - image of a phone), then pick Flight mode.

Even though you can put it into flight mode, you may get some complaining from the flight attendant(s).

SJ, what are those guys doing? :roll:

By the way, I'm from CT also.

Guest SinisterJunkie

Even though you can put it into flight mode, you may get some complaining from the flight attendant(s).

SJ, what are those guys doing? :roll:

By the way, I'm from CT also.

I haven't flown with my i600 yet, but with my 6035, I usually had to explain to the flight attendant(s) that it was not just a phone. I was never given a hard time. I am going to be flying quite a bit the last two weeks of this month. I have to go to South Korea, Shanghai, and Singapore. I will see how things go.

I haven't flown with my i600 yet, but with my 6035, I usually had to explain to the flight attendant(s) that it was not just a phone. I was never given a hard time. I am going to be flying quite a bit the last two weeks of this month. I have to go to South Korea, Shanghai, and Singapore. I will see how things go.

What are the guys doing in you picture?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest larsdennert

look for cdma transmitters on flights in next few years. you will be able to use your cell to make calls. being tested now.

Posted from my SmartPhone!

• 5 months later...
Guest amanson

Its hit-and-miss with flight attendants. Some are smart enough to understand that there are flight mode options on the phones. Others are not, and want them off regardless. I find it easier just to turn it off at times rather than trying to explain what flight mode is.

I'm not really looking forward to being able to use the phones on the planes. Some people who talk on phones are inconsiderate to those around them. I can imagine the planes being so loud with everyone on the phone.... like a restaurant or something. No more sleeping on the plane... ;)