- Tri-band GSM 850/1800/1900 MHz  

- Stereo Headset  

- Record short memos and conversations  

- T9 Text Input - for writing messages quicker and easier  

- Java support for applications and downloads  

- World's smallest Windows Mobile Smartphone

- Call, email, text message or instant message - all from one integrated phone

- Email, contacts and calendar sync seamlessly with your PC

- Take music with you - search, discover, preview, and purchase all from your phone

Specification:

- Weight: 3.58 ounces  

- Dimensions: 4.24" H x 1.82" W x .69" D  

- Battery: 1050 mAh Li Ion Removeable Battery  

- Talk Time: Up to 4 hours  

- Standby Time: Up to 140 hours  

- Technology: Tri-Band 850/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS  

- Technology: Windows Mobile Smartphone 2003 - Ozone Update AKU 2  

- Warranty: 1 yr on the phone and accessories

Guest nickcornaglia
"]

Interesting ;-)

P

I noticed those too and was going to bold them...but I was going to check the specs of the C500 before I commented as I wasnt sure if they were new.

Guest midnight

whats the betting the backlight stil comes on when it switches tracks, it has no equaliser, has no fast forward and still doesnt allow you to create playlists on the device. Which means, people will just use an alternative as usual ^_^

Guest Doombrain
whats the betting the backlight stil comes on when it switches tracks, it has no equaliser, has no fast forward and still doesnt allow you to create playlists on the device. Which means, people will just use an alternative as usual ^_^

lol. Can you suggest a good alternative?

Guest nickcornaglia

I give up....at least 30 phone calls today to different stores and different levels of customer service and I can not get this phone. Some stores have floor models...but that's it. The phone support people do not even have it in their system and the website does not allow me to but it while in contract. So, reluctantly, I'll have to wait until the stores get them in...which is god-only-knows-when. :evil:

Guest aristoBrat
I give up....at least 30 phone calls today to different stores and different levels of customer service and I can not get this phone. Some stores have floor models...but that's it. The phone support people do not even have it in their system and the website does not allow me to but it while in contract. So, reluctantly, I'll have to wait until the stores get them in...which is god-only-knows-when.  :evil:

Relax, ... you know that they're in-transit (albeit via GROUND) to the stores. At least you have local AT&T stores! ^_^

Guest nickcornaglia

But I want it NOW!!!!!! I dont like anything that doesnt provide instant gratification. By tomorrow I may not even want it.

PLUS I was off from work today and thought I'd have some quality time with it! Now even if I get it tomorrow, I wont have time to play with it until evening.

Guest aristoBrat

You'll still want it tomorrow -- trust me. LOL

And I feel your pain. When the MPx200 first came out, I was at work. I found a CompUSA that had a bunch in stock, faked a bad stomach ache to get out of work, drove 3 hours (each way) to said CompUSA and got one. ^_^

Why the hell do they call it Audiovox when it is a SPV C500!??!

Becuase its not. It removes the 900MHz band and replaces it with 850MHz for the US market. Besides, c500 is a trademark held by O and can't be used by other operators

Guest MaximilianWeisheit

To be honest I am a little suprised that AT&T took in a 3rd Party to distribute the phone. - I really thought that they would put their AT&T logo on it and sell it for themselfs.

Anyway, cool that it came out so fast. - It was kinda sneaky. Not much talk and all of a sudden. Hey it is on sale. Not like the C500 with Orange and the SDA with T-Mobile, which was lots of talk and took forever to come out. AT&T did no talking and just get that little devil out there. - I like that better ,-)))

Anyway, Great for Smartphones and great for the end consumer!!! -> More will follow. <- Then everybody will haves it, like back in the day with the Nokia phones. - I think I gotta watch out for Apple now, so I will be one of the first one that has the IPhone.

till then....

To be honest I am a little suprised that AT&T took in a 3rd Party to distribute the phone. - I really thought that they would put their AT&T logo on it and sell it for themselfs.  

I think that ATT didn't do this because they will be merging with Cingular any day now. They didn't even put their logo on the SMT5600 box

Guest nickcornaglia

probably unlimited...like SD cards on previous phones. The max you can get right now is 256 with 512 on the way. It will handle these with no problems.

Guest nickcornaglia

Some quickies in my first few hours with the phone (still at work):

Makes my e200 seem like a brick.

For some reason I thought it had a flash....must have been thinking of the Mpx220.

GAPI issue that is present on the C500 is not present here as far as I can tell as Eclipse works just fine.

No extra software on disk added.

Switching between T9, 123, abc is different.

Tapping the * key now scroll thru abc, Abc, ABC, t9, T9, T9, 123

Holding the * key will pop up options for sybmols, 123, Abc, T9 English, German, French or Spanish.

When typing a word and pausing a popup box appears with choices for the whole word or the option to add a word.

Under Inbox...

There seems to be a new plugin for Email/MMS combined

SMS is now called Text Messages

ActiveSync mail is now called Outlook E-Mail

MMS

There is also something called mMode Mail which seems to be IMAP mail at ATTWIRELESS.com

You can request text message delivery notifications when sending mail. (Not sure if that was an option before.)

More later.

Can anyone answer this question?

What is the max miniSD memory card does the C500/SMT5600 supports?

Thanks

I don't know the max for sure, but I do know that 512MB works just fine

Guest nickcornaglia

Since only up to 512 is available...you wont really know for sure until the 1GB+ come out...but I wouldnt know why there would be any limitations.

Guest jspenst

I just bought my SMT5600 today, but the problem is...so did my roommates and now we all have the same phone! Can anyone figure out how to name the phone...The name of every phone is "smartphone" and the phone itself won't allow you to rename it...Is there a way :?:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.