spv unlocking code will not work

Guest cmvillalobos

Guest cmvillalobos

have my code but it won´t work. :cry:

please help

i have read many posts on how to get the unlocking code from the spv. after several tries on the simunlock, it always stopped at 66%. i tried simunlock2 and it gave me my unlock code. i took out the battery, put in my telcel (mexico) sim and after turning the phone on, it tell me the sim is invalid. i can see this is where i can type in the code, but after i do, nothing happens. the invalid sim warning is still on. i bought the orange spv in hong kong. it´s a .99 bootloader and org-ch rom 1.50.03. i got this 5 months ago and have never used it. this is the most expensive paperweight i´ve ever had. i really want it to work so i can put my treo 270 to rest. thank u. i am a newbie at this so if you could give me procedures instead of just sugestions i would appreciate it.

Guest cmvillalobos

i´ve been reading about rom versions and boot versions. what about mine, do i need to upgrade, downgrade. and if so, how do i do that?

supposedly simunlock works with boot .98 or lower, and simunlock2 i ssuposed to work on 1.6. i´m a .99. ](*,)

Guest awarner [MVP]

Welcome to the site ^_^

How old is your SIM card as some older cards may not work in the phone.

Also when you first powered the phone with the card in did you get askedto

to enter the SIM unlock code? If not then it sounds like your card is at fault.

If you had the SMART rom then that would have been normal as later

versions are not unlockable.

Guest cmvillalobos

thanx for the wellcoming

no, it does not ask me for an unlock code. all i get is a message saying the sim is incorrect or missing. this is where i type the code. as soon as i start typing, a letterbox appears with the code i´m typing. when its complete i press done but nothing happens. i still get the same warning.

am i missing something.

and besides, i not always get that message. most of the time it goes straight to the home screen and it says network denied, searching....

Guest cmvillalobos

i just tried this.

i have 2 sim cards. i have one for a pay as you go line , an another from my regular line. the invalid sim warnig only pops up when i use my pay as you go sim card. when i have the other sim i get the network denied, searching status.

how do i know if it is still unloked. i have never been asked for an unlock code. can it be some setting, or something. am i that lucky? guess not.