Modifying Windows Default Homescreen

Guest daeus

Does anyone know how to modify the Windows Default Homescreen on WM2003 for SPV c500?

I have a background picture that is partially obscured by the date on the display. I would like to reposition the date so that I can see the background properly. I do not know which file contains the settings for this homescreen, I've looked everywhere and only full.home.xml comes close to resembling it.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Daeus.

First of all, hello daeus, & welcome to modaco! ^_^

You post should really be in the customisation forum. It helps to post things in the correct area so you get a faster response, and don't upset the moderators!! :twisted:

If you use the forums search facility, you will usually find info quicker than posting about stuff which is already covered & waiting for a response.

As for your question, the default homescreen on the c500 is proving to be very difficult to customise, due to the completely stupid way the plugin has been shipped (basically, it's hard coded into the ROM, and is not really customisable by xml alone). There's a few of us working on this right now ... have a look at Crafty's excellent work HERE.

full.home.xml is the correct file, as you will be able to see these arn't easly to get 100% to grips with. for an easy way of radicly changing the home screen see ThemeChanger (URL below)

riki

Thats such a shameless plug g4mb17 ^_^!

@daeus - whcih layout are you tring to change, the Windows Default Layout (that shows up in Settings>Homescreen as 'Windows Default') or the one with the verticle icons that DrB was talking about (and shows up in Settings>Homescreen as 'Orange')?