mpx 220 volume issues

Guest boeboe

A lot of people who already bought the mpx 220 are complaining about the volume.I had a sony ericson with the same problems.Ringtones were very soft and i missed a lot of calls because of that.

What are the volume issues with the mpx 220.Is it the ringtone volume.Is it the handsfree speaker.Or is it hard to understand anyone you have a conversation with.Please respond.

Guest Jerry Raia

Its the volume in the earpiece, its low compared to every other phone I have ever owned. In areas where I would have to turn the volume down with other phones with this one I cant get it high enough. I hope that makes sense.

The ring volumes are ok but even at the loudest settings they could be louder. I use Vibrate more for the most part so it isn't as big of an issue for me.

i got the phone and yeah, the in call volume is waaaaay too low. when youre driving in a car and its a little noisey, I cant hear my calls, i have to turn it on speaker phone and put it up to the second notch. also people say I sound really quiet and muffled, so i guess the mic volume is way too low too. my friend got this phone as well, and he has the exact same problems. also, when you play MP3s, the max volume is really low. I'd say its about half the volume of my max setting on the SPVx.. We are going to give motorolla a call and then unfortunately return our phones. I say unfortunately because aside from the volume being way too low, and the mix being way too low, its the best phone, features wise, that i have ever used. its fast, great programs, awesome voice recognition, sexy design, etc...

oh and talking on your mpx220 with someone who has an mpx220 is almost impossible. you cant hear them and they cant hear you.

good job moto

Guest midnight

err, can someone check this....

turn all your volumes up to full (both the side volume and all the volumes in the profiles)

then check on regedit for this value... HKCU/ControlPanel/Volume (Values) Volume is 4294967295 (thats max volume on the C500, just wondering if the max vol on the MPx220 is the same ^_^)

Guest five337

Yup, 4294967295. My ear peice volume is really low.

Turning the volume all the way down makes the value 0

The first "notch" is 858993459.

It is bad enough for me that I am considering returning the phone as well.

-lee

err, can someone check this....

turn all your volumes up to full (both the side volume and all the volumes in the profiles)

then check on regedit for this value... HKCU/ControlPanel/Volume  (Values) Volume is 4294967295 (thats max volume on the C500, just wondering if the max vol on the MPx220 is the same ^_^)

Ok that's it.I am really dissapointed.I have been waiting for this phone for almost a year.Mainly because it's a clamshell phone.But after seeing that the picture quality is way below average and the volume issues it has i rather go for the t-mobile sda or maybe the t-mobile compact.Too bad they ain't clamshell,but at least they are better quality and voice dailing via a bluetooth headset is possible with these units.Motorola you suck !!!

Guest Jerry Raia

The voice recognition software doesnt seem to work either. Its supposed to give audio feedback, I dont hear anything!!!!

This phone is a huge disaster.

they'll fix the volume with a ROM update. But before you complain about the photo quality, I suggest you check out the review of the Audiovox. That's HORRIBLE in comparison. In fact, they had at the end of the review, comparison shots with a bunch of camera phones. The Audiovox isn't as good as others on here would have you believe.

-Mc

the voice recognition software is fantastic. hold down volume up, and a friendly female comes on and says "say a command" you say Voice Dial, she says "say the name or number" you say the name of the contact and she then reads the contact it found using text to speech software and you choose home or mobile and it dials it. Compared to the sony ericssons where you have to program yourself saying each name, this software is great.

Guest beersoft

i've had an idea

on my e200 before the last update which fixed the volume problems, i found that if you where listening to mp3's using mediaplayer and turned the phone off, the volume would go to a 'i can hear it' level before the phone powered off.

my crackpot thery is: play some mp3's on the 220 at max volume and turn the phone off, if the volume goes up we might beable to tweak the settings to make it loud all the time

its worth a try, as its only a reboot and we know smartphones love reboots ^_^

later

Owen

Guest VapoTrini
they'll fix the volume with a ROM update.  But before you complain about the photo quality, I suggest you check out the review of the Audiovox.  That's HORRIBLE in comparison.  In fact, they had at the end of the review, comparison shots with a bunch of camera phones.  The Audiovox isn't as good as others on here would have you believe.

-Mc

Horrible in comparison to what? Surely not an mpx220, cause they don't get any worse than that. I've never seen such god aweful pics, and this from a supposed 1.3 mega pixel camera. Don't make laugh... My 110k Panasonic takes better pics lol.

Something else to consider, someone was saying that you have to make a couple of adjustments on the SPV before the pics come out good. In Lutzh's review I believe he shows what I'm talking about. Odds are they didn't make such adjustments in the review you're referring to. (I believe I saw the review you're talking about and yes, the pic quality was very poor)

i am officially turning speakerphone on every time I make or recieve phone calls. and this is just to hear the person while holding the phone normal, not using it as a speakerphone. its a strain and nearly impossible to hear them without speakerphone on.