PowerByHand join MS Mobility Partner Advisory Council

Guest squall

PowerByHand Joins Microsoft Mobility Partner Advisory Council

Working Together with Other Industry Leaders to Bring New Mobile Technologies, Applications and Services to Market

Durham, NC – October 12, 2004 – PowerByHand, the premier provider of mobile content and solutions, today announced that it has accepted an invitation to become a member of the Microsoft Mobility Partner Advisory Council (MPAC). MPAC was developed by Microsoft Corp. to establish synergies among leading industry partners, in an effort to accelerate the introduction of innovative and successful mobile solutions to the market. PowerByHand owns PocketGear.com and Smartphone.net, two of the leading sources for Windows Mobile-based software applications.

Mobility Partner Advisory Council (MPAC) is an invitation-only program developed by Microsoft to empower top partners to create software solutions for Windows Mobile-based devices. As a member, PowerByHand will provide feedback to Microsoft based on its experience and success in provisioning and distributing Windows Mobile content. PowerByHand will also gain access to other MPAC (members), key Microsoft mobility experts, dedicated technical support and exclusive marketing programs.

"We are honored to accept Microsoft's invitation to join the Mobility Partner Advisory Council," said Ryan Wuerch, PowerByHand CEO. "MPAC offers us a unique opportunity to work with Microsoft and other mobile industry leaders to improve the quality of Windows Mobile applications and services that are available today as well as tomorrow. We look forward to leveraging the knowledge and insight we gain to ensure the best possible experience for our development partners and consumers."

"The vision of MPAC is to bring together leading companies in the mobile industry that are committed to furthering the success of the mobile ecosystem," said Julie Wymetalek, manager of the MPAC program at Microsoft. "PowerByHand's invitation to be a member of MPAC reflects the company's ongoing commitment to delivering innovative content for Windows Mobile-based devices."

Developers around the globe also see the value PowerByHand offers to the Windows Mobile development community. Canadian-based Visual Byte, Inc. specializes in providing enterprise business solutions on Microsoft platforms, including handheld devices, and distributes content through PowerByHand. "As a Windows Mobile ISV, I appreciate PowerByHand's focused approach to both the Pocket PC and Smartphone markets. It is easier to deal with a distributor who understands and pays attention to the particular needs that are most important for both Windows Mobile customers and developers," explained Dwayne Lamb, president at Visual Byte and editor of www.mobidogs.com. "PowerByHand's participation in MPAC is bound to benefit ISVs that are focused on the Windows Mobile platform."

Russian-based Spb specializes in custom Pocket PC software development and maintains the Pocket PC Developer Network and Smartphone Developer Network websites. "PowerByHand is one of the leading Pocket PC software distributors and provides excellent service for Pocket PC developers and users," said Vassili Philippov, CTO, Spb. "PowerByHand's strong developer support and proven track record help us successfully develop competitive products and deliver top-level service for our customers."

Guest Samsonite

This is good to see. It shows the motions of the big boys regarding the future of the platform. I used to work a UK business unit of AT&T working on their digital cordless (not cell) units back in the early nineties and found that our line of development was curtailed due to the explosion of DECT. I thought the technology we ran was better than DECT (CT2) but we missed the marketing boat!!!

At least knowing about MPAC and its methods of staying on top of the development cycles of software progression is an positive indication the Microsft want/need the mobile market to blossom.

I like the Smartphone culture and the deployment of the technology is a good thing as far I am concerned.

Where do you come these sorts of articles? I like to watch the technology news boards but rarely come up with news like this?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.