Run this on your 8390!

Guest evann

i got the MMS file in english from a Mitac guy 8)

You can try the following steps:

1. copy this .cab file to anywhere you can run it on your smartphone via activesync. (eg. copy to /storage/windows/start menu/games)

2. run the cab. (eg. start->games click the 8390.cab)

3. restart.

4. optional: you can remove previous MMS menu item in Chinese from /storage/windows/start menu/ via activesync.

You can run this cab after a hard reset. He can automatically turn the system to english after restart.

8390MMSv2.CAB

Maybe i should have a deeetailed description........

First of all--- unlock your phone!!! then,

1. Download 8390.cab from the attachment above (on this website, inside the original message on the top here)...

2. Connect the sync cable, and browse your smartphone via activesync

3. now access your phone from PC: get into the following folder on your phone---"/storage/windows/start menu/games"

4. copy the cab file into the folder we opened in step3

5. now pick up your phone, pressdown "Start->Games", you should see the cab file here, and just click it.

6. a warning comes, select 'Yes' (or maybe 'continue')

7. restart your phone:)

Guest markgamber

Wow! This looks good considering that when mitac finally answered one of my emails asking about this, their response was that there was no such thing as an english version of the app. Screw you again, mitac. Thanks evann!

Guest ChinDangShun

Dear Evann,

I had download and install following your guide but unsuccessful, the menu still Chinese. I tried 2 times:

1. I install it into SD Card after Soft-reset. Then run it, its GUI is Chinese.

2. I install it into Storage then there is a more link "MMS Inbox" in the Start Menu. Run MMS or MMS Inbox result Chinese.

Could you help me soon? I am using MiTAC Mio 8390 Chinese Version (HongKong Sales). ROM 4.20i.

Thank you.

well...

I'm sorry i haven't mentioned that this installation does NOT remove previous MMS client. So, right after a soft reset, please firstly run the "MMS Inbox" in the Start Menu instead of the Chinese one. Once you run the Chinese version right after restart, you'll always get a Chinese MMS interface with both two links till next restart...

I do suggest you, to remove previous MMS link from Start Menu! (/storage/windows/start menu/)

Best wishes : )

Guest the bishop

I will try this when I get home, as the version of the Mitac that I have has NOT MMS on it (i had to send mine back for repair) so this should be great! ^_^

Guest grindoc

How did you get this? this is awesome. I installed it and composed a message with picture but it is having trouble sending...it remains in my inbox. anyone else with this problem?

Guest ChinDangShun

I faced the issue when I install the MMS English version for Mio 8390 that all programs for .Net Compact Framework produced error: LoadTypeException. So I have to uninstall it and wait for a solution.

Can you help ?

I faced the issue when I install the MMS English version for Mio 8390 that all programs for .Net Compact Framework produced error: LoadTypeException. So I have to uninstall it and wait for a solution.

Can you help ?

ChinDangShun, such problem was cured on the second version. You can try the new cab file :wink:

8390MMSv2.CAB

Guest nefas44

Hi evann and everybody,

I've tried to run the cab file on my mitac 8390 but the following message showed up: "Installation failed. the program or setting cannot be installed because it does not have the adequate system permissions." :shock:

I went to the main desktop and I clicked on a folder with a chip icon but another message sayed "Installation failed. This program or setting cannot be installed because it is not digitally signed with a trust certificate".... :shock: :shock:

Did I miss something during the setup?

Thank you so much. ^_^

• 1 year later...

This was fantastic! I hit the file you made available. Then I saved in a temp file on my computer. I dragged the cab file from my temp file to the location you listed. It showed up in the game file on my phone. At this point I hit on the cab file. After it installed, I turn off my phone and turned the phone back on. The new MMS Inbox is located were the MMS in Chinese was located. Thank you very much.

i got the MMS file in english from a Mitac guy 8)

You can try the following steps:

1. copy this .cab file to anywhere you can run it on your smartphone via activesync. (eg. copy to /storage/windows/start menu/games)

2. run the cab. (eg. start->gamesĀ  click the 8390.cab)

3. restart.

4. optional: you can remove previous MMS menu item in Chinese from /storage/windows/start menu/ via activesync.

You can run this cab after a hard reset. He can automatically turn the system to english after restart.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guys~

I just download and install on my 8390. Here is a suggest:

go to your phone folder \Storage\windows\StartUp\ , you will find a short cut call MMSReg.

Every time startup your phone, this will call the old MMS reg program from \Windows\MMSReg.exe.

So, just simply deleted it and make your new MMSReg.exe short cut to the stratup folder, also you can remove the old MMS program short cut from the \Storage\windows\Start Menu .

Now you can enjoy your new MMS program without any addtional click~

For Evann, thank you so much~~~~~~~

And..............is there any chance to get a windows mobile 2003se or mobile 2005 rom form your Mitac's friend?

visit me here http://www.imat.cn