Opera 1.2

[212]Opera_1.2.jpg

File Name :: Opera 1.2

Author :: drblow

Category :: Computer

Description ::

Features

This version of the Opera theme should work on ALL smartphones (C500, e200, e100, SPV, maybe even mpx200!?). It contains no device specific plugins, only default MS plugins and generic plugins - all of which are available here at modaco! :wink: It's basically a re-working of the original Opera theme, but without the e200 plugin which seems to crash a few C500's (mine included).

plugins used are as follows -

Remy J HTML plugin

Remy J shortcuts plugin

Calendar

Oxios Tasks (now featuring priority icons!!)

Batt plugin by Sv1000

You'll find them all HERE! :wink:

As with the previous version(& due to the PLUS only version of the html plugin), there are 2 CABS -

Opera1.cab is for PLUS MEMBERS ONLY (using the plus only version of RJHtml plugin)

ENCOpera1.cab is for everybody else (using the free version of RJHtml plugin)

I have only tested this on my C500, but it should work on pretty much any smartphone, well, any SPV.

Installation instructions

Just copy the CAB to the phone & click it! ^_^

Enjoy! :wink:

EDIT 14/11/04 - I have attached a zip file with the xml which will hopefully resolve any issues people with 2002 devices were having with the html plugin!! Thanks to Remy J for the encoding! :wink:

Updated Thu, Jan 27 2005 2:06 pm

View File

Edited by drblow

Guest mfioble

Put it on my MPx200 w/2002. Doesn't display quite right. The background image doesn't display. When scrolling down you can see the background of the item you have highlighted though. The shortcuts at the top don't seem to be working but I have the shortcuts plugin installed (maybe not configured right though?). Thought I would post some feedback but looks like a great theme.

Damn! I knew the first post would be about it not working! :twisted:

Sorry m8 - I don't really know much about the mpx200. Never had one! I know some themes don't work right on it. Did you reboot? Sometimes that can kick stuff into action. Dunno why the shortcuts wouldn't work ... although I'm using the 2003 version, so that could be the problem.

Maybe somebody with an mpx200 could fix it up?? :shock:

Guest lukeap69

i can't install it right in my SAP (E100). I know this is a very famous homescreen that's why i am so frustrated not to make it work. grrr...

i hope somebody fix this.

lukeap

When you say you can't install it, what happens? Do you get an error message? Do you have all the necessary plugins installed?

All the plugins I've used are for 2003 I suppose, so maybe I would need to do a version using 2002 plugins??

Guest hooperman

Hello, I too have put int on my MPX200 with w2003. Everything is fine except for the placement of some plugins. From the sms plugin down, the plugins are about 20 or 30 pixels too high. I have changed the xml file to move the time down but it disappears at the bottom. It is like it is behind something but I am not proficient enough to find out what

Anyway, hope it gets fixed for mpx200 because it is a beauty!

By the way, all the plugins work fine.

number2.jpg

number1.jpg

Guest lukeap69
When you say you can't install it, what happens?  Do you get an error message?  Do you have all the necessary http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>plugins installed?

All the http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>plugins I've used are for 2003 I suppose, so maybe I would need to do a version using 2002 http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>plugins??

hi drblow,

there is no error message while installing, however, when i select the homescreen, the background does not show. i looked into the xml file and i noticed that the path are directed to Storage. so iedited the xml file and changed the paths from Storage to IPSM. Now it's working but the alignment i thing is not okay. please see screenshot. btw, all my plugins are for 2002 and they aye working perfectly fine.

regards,

lukeap

opera_align.gif

opera_align.gif

My alignment is also off on Xphone with 2003. All plugins installed.

I've had the probem with the top shortcuts also with other themes.

The only theme I've had my top shortcuts work with so far is the neostream minimal homescreen,

Wow! Em ... ok -

@ hooperman - it looks like you don't have the Oxios tasks plugin showing. Install/reinstall the latest version from www.oxios.com

@lukeap69 - looks like you have not got the html plugin or the oxios tasks plugin showing. Do as above, install/reinstall the plugins.

AFAIK, there is no specification in the Oxios plugin between 2002/2003, not suire about the html plugin, but I didn't think so. Let me know what happens guys.

@prody - can you post a screenshot of whats happening? The top shortcuts are using RJshortcuts plugin. Hmm ... is there a 2002 version of that?? :shock:

I'll have a look at some stuff. ^_^

EDIT - just a thought ... if you guys have alraedy got oxios tasks plugin installed, do you have any tasks in your list? Does the plugin work in any other homescreens?

I actually inverted the colors on the main screen using microsoft paint (It looks great in case you wanted to know), but I dont know if I'll have time to do all of them, and I wouldn't want to repost a hacked version of your homescreen w/o your permission...

Let me know if you want me to finish it and post, I'll post a screen shot of it tomm. What is the PC app that lets you take snapshots of your screen? I forget... Darn alcohol...

CARDINALS WIN!!! ^_^

Get remore display running and get the screen of the phone you want showing on the PC screen. On your PC keyboard, between the letter keys & number pad, is a section of keys with page down/up etc. One of those keys says 'Print Screen'. Juts hit that key (it'll seem as if nothing has happened). Then open up MS paint & click paste. The entire screen will be pasted in. You can then trim the pic to show just your smartphone screen.

Thats a very long way around. SmartSS is much better! :wink:

Actually I just found this program that lets you save the active window as a .jpg, .bmp, or.gif. It will also let you select which part of your current screen you want to capture. Pretty neat! I've enclosed a link.

Screen Capture

Dr. Blow, let me know where I should go from here, as its a slow work day, and I'll probably just hack away at your homescreen..

You'll see I moved the clock over to the left, it was conflicting with my carrier box.

Any tips, ideas, or comments are always appreciated (and taken with a grain of salt :wink: )

mpx220_002.jpg

mpx220_001.jpg

For some reason whenever I save any part of the homescreen after editing it in paint, it gets a bit grainy. You can see that in the second screen shot if you look close. Any idea why, or how to circumvent it?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.