MPX220 issues

Guest revlis240

Guest revlis240

hey guys,

so far so good on my new 220, but here are some questions i have

1) the cleartype on this compared to my wm2003 mpx200 SUCKS, whats the deal with that? it seems that turning cleartype on or off makes no difference at all?

2) the same exact background screen i had on the mpx200 appears to be choppy on the 220. on the computer, the image is clean, but why does the mpx220 mess it up when displaying it?

3) worst of all, why oh why doesnt it scroll the incoming call number like the mpx200 did. it only displays "1661555..." literally. it wont display the last 4 numbers.

i guess this is what i get for buying a NEW phone. but can anyone help? please? thanks

-Abe

I dont know about the number display thing, I haven't had a chance to get into the registry too much to see what can be changed... but the homescreen issue is probably a result of the 220 having a slightly smaller screen size. It probably looks bad because the pixels are a tad bit squished together!

Guest midnight

gsr264, that shouldnt be correct, the display is still 176 x 220 so should look pretty much the same (just slightly smaller image cos of the 2inch diagional size). Also the screen is now 262k colours, so it 'should' be sharper.

Good Point. I also notice a different color contrast than the mpx200 also. Like for example, Midnight your MSN screen looks more purple than blue... eww. (Still my favorite though :wink: ) too bad there isn't a way to "tweak" the color settings. On a good note, The external speaker is louder, and more shielded from the internal one. For example when on speaker phone, you used to be able to hear the external speaker through the internal one, but with the mpx220, you cant.

Guest revlis240

ok, heres what ive also noticed, the number begins to scroll, and then the blank photo caller id generic image pops up and the ext display kinda changes themes. this stage is where it cuts off the name/number. is there any way to change it so that if no photo caller id is attached, that it will just scroll the number on the normal ext lcd image? i guess i can just play around w/ the registry till i find or break something heh.

-Abe

EDIT:

4) playing the same songs off the SD card with the MPX220, windows media chops up the sound every few seconds. sometimes it says "buffering" for like 1 second, then resumes play. naturally this ruins the playback, and i couldnt get it to stop. anyone else? mpx200 didnt do this

5) camera is a joke. flash is a bigger joke. but meh, cant complain since i got the phone free anyway.

• 3 months later...
Guest omega2008

Edit this registry key using Smartione or PHM Registry editor:

For the MPx 220 the registry key for cleartype is:

Change to clear thpe font - 1 on - 0 off

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlPanel\MainLCD]

"ClearType" = "1"