ringtones on c500

Guest chrisbpr

Guest snakeeater

You can put ringtones on the MiniSD card as long as you dont put them in a folder.

This way when you select a ringtone the ones that you stored on the SD card will show up thus saving valuable space on your phone.

• 2 months later...
Guest KeyriBhoy

Hi I put 3 wma files in that location and when I select my ringtone in settings-sound there all there to select but when I go down to sms alert or email alert I cant select them there just not there, Any ideas what might be wrong?????

Guest awarner [MVP]
You can put ringtones on the MiniSD card as long as you dont put them in a folder.

You can place them in the My Documents folder on your storage card.

• 2 months later...
Guest MorphFx

someone like myself should know about this but i'm afraid i am stumped :oops: im having trouble with my c500 , i put a wav sound in storage\application data\sounds but when i go to sounds option to change ring tone it doesn't show up, well i do get 2 sounds called arpeggio, 1 being the original that came with the phone and the other actually is my wav file i put in sounds folder! whats all that about then? Have I got a dodgey phone?

Guest Disco Stu

My guess is that they are not PCM-formatted.

Windows Sound Recorder (In Programs, Accessories, Entertainment on your PC usually) will save them in this format.