[B]Mpx220 PHoto Call ID Work?[/B]

Guest mpx220user

Guest mpx220user

Has anyone gotten the photo call id to work on the external screen? I took a pic of a friend of mine and add boards around her pic but when she call the photo Call ID does not saw here face and I attach the photo to her in my contact list.

Can some one help with this isse thanks

:cry:

You should be able to go to the camera, take the pic, hit menu-attach to contact. Try going to photo album, hit menu-view photo contacts. That should show you who has a picture and who doesn't. The caller ID app kinda sucks, admittidly, I liked the one on the 200 better. It was more functional. Let me know from there.

Guest mpx220user

I did what you said gsr264 and it still does not work when my friends calls the pic is attach to the contact name. I found a app thats call Photo Contacts 2.0 in another websits to buy have you heard of this app. it looks great tho. Let know me what other ideas you have to try before I get this app. or you thoughts on this app if you have heard about it the company that develope it is Pocketx software inc.

Thanks for you reply

Cheers

When I get home from work I'll check to see what the caller id app is on my mpx200. I'll probably just copy that one over to my 220. I'll let you know what it is.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BrentlyL

I've had the 220 for about a week now and already I've had to replace it because of so many buggy problems.

As for the EXT LCD displaying the photo contacts I've found that I must turn the phone off then back on in order to get my newly added photo contacts to display on the external display.

Guest sullivanpt

I remember reading something in manual about "forcing the photo id app to reindex". I don't have the manual in front of me, so you'll have to look it up yourself.

My outside and inside photo id definately works though, using the included photo ID app. I did also have to cycle the power to get it to start working for new photos (since I didn't remember the reindex steps in the manual).

How many entries are in your Contacts databases? I've got a large set of Contacts (2200) and my MPx200 has never been able to get the Caller ID to handle this much information.

Neither PhotoContacts nor Photo ID work either. I have been dissappointed by the people at PhotoContacts, who blame this on Motorolla, but having been informed about the limitation of their software ont his platform, as still not telling propsective buyers about it. Nor have they done some bench marking with various size databases to determine the upper limit of their software.

Needless to say, I'm very interested in finding out whether the 220 will function better with this size database. Can anyone help out?

Thanks

MadSci

Guest Jerry Raia

there was a bug in my old i600 that caused that caller id problem also in os 2002. I never had more than 100 or so contacts so i cant speak to it other than it was said to be fixed in os 2003.

The mpx200 is 2002 os correct?

Guest washboard

Lasher, I dont have the manual of the mpx220 with me.. can you do me a huge favor and post it here how i can get the external lcd to display the photo of the caller. thanks a lot.

I read that the mpx220 can take pics even when the clamshell is closed, i've been trying this but cant seem to make it work. HELP!

Guest washboard

Lasher, I dont have the manual of the mpx220 with me.. can you do me a huge favor and post it here how i can get the external lcd to display the photo of the caller. thanks a lot.

I read that the mpx220 can take pics even when the clamshell is closed, i've been trying this but cant seem to make it work. HELP!

Guest Jerry Raia

Anything for a fellow phone fanatic ^_^

Caller ID:

1.Start

2.PhotoAlbum

At this point you should be looking at some photos, you can change the directory you are looking in if you need to. Put the red box around photo you want to use then select "Attach to Contact" in the menu. From there you can just pick the contact you want to assign the photo to.

That picture will now display on the external and internal LCD when a call comes in. I recommend you remove any other picture caller ID program you might have installed.

Pictures with the clamshell closed;

Hold down the camera button on the right side (clamshell closed) when you release it you will see the external lcd turn in to a preview screen, so you can say take a picture of yourself. Press the camera button again and it will take the picture. When you open the phone in camera mode you wont see the picture you just took but it will be there when you browse the pictures.

Hope this helps.

there was a bug in my old i600 that caused that caller id problem also in os 2002. I never had more than 100 or so contacts so i cant speak to it other than it was said to be fixed in os 2003.  

The mpx200 is 2002 os correct?

Yup. Given the long list of bugs posted involving wm2003, it's going to stay that way. My phone is a tool, not a hobby and I need it to work reliably. Too bad, otehrwise I'd have taken the chance and flashed it to wm2003 to try and fix things. In truth, I suspect it's a processor/memory bus limitation that isn't going away with the MPx200, but I'm hoping that the 220 is more capable.

• 1 month later...

was havin the same problem with my new mpx220 and it was pissing me off, but then somethin just hit me, maybe its not accepting high res images as external lcd photocaller id, so i tried taking a new pic of my friend at one of the smaller resolutions, attached to contact, and VOILA it worked!

i dunno if this was a fluke or if im technically correct, but just try lowering the resolution of the pic you take for photo contact if u want it to show up on the external lcd

• 4 months later...
Guest TravelPro

I am using a 1 week old MPX220 and in my phone when you open a pic the Menu does not contain an option "attach to contact". Taking a new photo with camera and trying to attach it to contact does not result in anyhting either even after re-powering the phone.

I am wondering how one can manualy attach a picture to a contact. Is this option available somewhere in the Contact Edit? I could find it...

Is Picture ID a locked feature with the 1.3 firmwa

Guest MadSci

To follow up, I took a flyer on the MPx220. With my large Contacts Database (2200+) the caller ID app works most of the time. Occasionally it will have trouble finding the entry in time, but it usually works. This includes sending the picture to the external screen, and using the individual ringtone assigned to each person.

=D>

Well done Moto. Now, can I have my money back for the MPx200 that DIDN't work as advertised? :frown:

MadSci

• 3 weeks later...
Guest HRTBRCR

I was having trouble getting my pictures to display after being attached to the contact. I finally go tired of trying and went to Motorola and this was their advice.

"Regarding your concern, I am sorry to hera about the difficulties you are experiencing with the MPX220 you have. If you are following the correct steps you should be able to make the Picture Id work. My recommendation is to do a master reset. This will reset all features back to the factory settings. Please follow the steps below:

TURN OFF THE PHONE > REMOVE THE BATTERY > WAIT A FEW SECONDS > PLUG THE BATTERY > WITH THE PHONE OFF, PRESS AND HOLD FOR A FEW SECONDS THE ON/OFF KEY AND THE ACTION KEY (the blue one) > A CONFIRMATION MESSAGE WILL APPEAR > YES > WAIT UNTIL THE PHONE FINISH THE PROCESS.

"

Now one thing I didn't realize is that setting my phone back to factory spec would wipe out all the information that I previously downloaded. You may want to back them up first before trying this but I did finally fix my photo id problem.