The New Improved Agile Messenger 3 is out!

Guest Thumper Net

The free alternative to the msn messenger has finally been upgraded to version 3.

What's new in Agile Messenger 3.xx:

Brand new user interface  

ICQ, AOL and Yahoo now support alternative port numbers (25,80)  

Push-to-Talk. You can now send voice messages from your phone  

Fixed AOL contactlist bug, that caused online contacts to show as offline

Better ICQ support for Trillian  

This new versions comes with a new look as well which is much improved over the older versions

ss000_208.jpg

There are 3 versions to download, 1 for Pocket PC and 2 for the Smartphone ( 2002 and 2003 versions ).

Tou can download the latest version from <<>>

Guest zeta101

thanks for the news peekie. Had a go and its nice (had it working on passthrough over BT). Im curious about this ability to send voice messages (wavs im guessing) anyone tried this? does it just work with other people on agile or does it come up as a file transfer in pc bases IMs?

Thanks

Guest chucky.egg

Could somebody check whether Agile stays connected (or reconnects) to your IM systems after a voice call?

The biggest problem with MSN is that it disconnects when a voice call is made or received and you have to remember to sign in again.

hi,

my first post here, been reading for a few weeks though. Great forum!

but to the point. Yesterday I tested Agile M3, worked fine, so did the push to talk. It sends links to mediafiles to the receiver on PC. I don't know what it sends to mobile devices..

Agile messenger seems to use the MS messenger engine, since it always runs simultaniously on my phone (C500). And when I close agile messenger, MS messenger closes too.

cheers

Guest shadamehr

Does anyone know what:

"Invalid Windows CE Setup Files...

Application Manager cannot install this application on your mobile device due to an Invalid Setup File. Reinstall and try again"

Means...?

As it's what I get, constantly, as soon as I run the downloaded .exe file of Agile Messenger on my PC.

I assume it IS a PC based .exe installer, yes...? I've repeatedly downloaded the file jsut to make sure, and the PP2003 version is 268KB, yes..?

Guest zeta101

thee exe is pc based yes, dont know about the 268kb thing though. It looks like the exe is running ok but activesync is screwing up (that error message looks like its coming from activesync).

If you dont have the latest activesync then update it, if not try a reinstall from scratch of activesync.

Guest peterweg

Does push to talk work on the SPV C500? I and at least one other person has a problem whereby only the start of the message is recorded, at most half a second, often far less. Agile show a progress bar as its supposedly recording but the file it send is mainly empty. If this is some sort of hardware problem, I'm stuffed as Orange will say its the software

I installed Agile 3 on my E200, a Sony Ericsson P900 and an iPaq 4150 and it all worked great. It's really cool having it on the iPaq using PTT over WiFi around the house.

Matt

Guest abdulwahid
Does anyone know how you can specify the jabber server in Agile 3? It seems to default to jabber.org

Just specify your fully qualified jabber user id.

eg. [email protected]

I have a jabber account on our company jabber server and it connected fine first time. ^_^

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.