Enable SIM Lock?

Guest Arsair

Hi. I just bought the new MPX220. While I was fiddling with it I accidently put in a "password" on the "Enable SIM Lock" feature under security. Don't ask I am an idiot. The password thankfully didn't take but it now states that I have "2 try's remaining".

1.What exactly would happen if I put two more incorrect passwords in?

2.Would that permanently disable SIM Lock?

3. Enable SIM Lock locks the phone to the SIM Carrier correct? [in my case Cingular! Right!]

4. I don't want a locked phone ever right?

Thanks I am new to Mobile Phone technology and I am trying to get all this straight, thanks.

The option to sim lock the phone does not relate to the ability to use any network, it relates to the phone being able to access the sim, kind of like puting a password on a file on the pc.

Before the phone can access the sim you have to enter the correct password, it can help protect against theft etc.

Entering the wrong password 3 times means you cant access the phone until the network unlock the phone

Thanks. Just out of curiosity what is the default password? Because like I said I entered a password but it was incorrect. What is the default? Its not in the instructions? Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks.  Just out of curiosity what is the default password?   Because like I said I entered a password but it was incorrect.  What is the default?  Its not in the instructions?  Thanks.

sorry to say but there is no default password, the password is the one you enter before the phone locks. the only way to reset the phonelock feature to off when you forgot the passwrod is by doing a hard reset.