Eclipse: First Wave - Directors Cut released - C500 OK!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

eclipse468x60.jpg

Update: Demo now available, click here to download!

Friends of MoDaCo 'Alien Invention' have released Eclipse: First Wave - Directors Cut!

Now guaranteed compatible with the SPV C500, even WITHOUT the forthcoming GAPI fix!

Here's the official release notes from AI, many users will be particularly interested in the Enemy paths changed on all levels to improve playability (the game is now considerably easier) ;-)

Eclipse: First Wave is the the first in a series of three high octane shoot-em-up's, inspired by years of classic arcade shooter action, and now updated to use the strengths of the Microsoft® platform to bring the most stunning Smartphone game to date.

Pilot one of two different ships through wave after wave of enemies, across 7 varied levels through space and across landscapes.

Features

Microsoft Smartphone® 2002, Windows Mobile® 2003 & Windows Mobile® 2003 Second Edition compatible 

- 7 Levels of fast arcade action 

- 2 Different ship types 

- Upgradable Weapons (cannon, bomb, shield, speed) 

- Particles, Weather and other special FX 

- 16bit graphics 

- Full stereo music, sound effects and speech 

- Rumble Mode 

Changes to this version include:

- New Graphics Engine made by Alien Invention (now works perfectly on C500/SP3i/SDA etc., even without the GAPI fix, and improved performance on all devices)

- Backlight fix, backlight now stays on while in the game.

- Various graphical changes to improve visibility on some levels.

- 2 Bosses changed to improve playability and speed.

- Enemy paths changed on all levels to improve playability (the game is now considerably easier)

- Many other smaller bugs fixed.

- Cheat Modes (see if you can find them ^_^)

For C500 users:

It is recommended to redefine your keys, and also set Autofire to On.

Example Key Define:

1 = Left

2 = Right

3 = Up

6 = Down

If you have previously purchased Eclipse, you can obtain the new version FREE - you will receive a mail shortly with details on how to download the update.

If you have not yet purchased Eclipse, the Director's Cut is available exclusively NOW in the MoDaCo Shop at a bargain £6.99 INC - click here to buy.

Enjoy!

P

ss3.jpg

I was lucky enough to try this version on my C500 a week before release and i can say it rocks on the C500 go and get it if you do not have it , a must for the smartphone :wink: :wink: :wink:

Great, the old version was WAY too hard for me, I'm guessing at least 90% of people who bought it didn't get any further than level 2! ^_^

Lookig forward to the email to get the new version!

Kevlar

Boss ?  :? 

(me neither, but then office email playing up)

EDIT : just noticed, 'registration etc only sent out during office hours'

Yeh, i call the big baddy at the end of each level the Boss ^_^

Guest spacemonkey

This new easier version rocks. I can actually get to the boss at the end of the first level... and if I stop doing dumb things I'll beat him...

Running on My C500 I've found my favourite control layout is mode 2 with 2 Up/left 3 Up/Right 5 Down/Left and 6 down/Right

Holding both 3,6 gives me straight forwards etc. * for fire... works a treat.

I think I'm gonna end up missing my stop on the tube because of this.

Guest bendaryl

I could get to level 6 every time on the original game, and it drove me nuts that I could never get past that part. On the original game it was just a matter of memorizing where everything came from, how many times it shot, and making sure that you never died a single time, because you really needed that max fire-power and speed on the later levels.

I am really excited to see the "director's cut." I have always felt this is one of the best games on the smartphone, well worth every penny I paid for it, and a great challenge to master. Hopefully we will see those emails soon that tell us how to upgrade. I bought my copy through Handango, though, and they tend to be slow to get updates sometimes . . .

Guest midnight

the updates will be sent myself, and i'm just setting up where to get it from, then i have to post to every person who purchased the game individually (and theres quite a few), i'll try and get through them as quick as possible ^_^

Thanks guys! The game is now much more playable.

I could still do with those cheats though :? as I'm having trouble getting past the end of level 2. But at least I can get to the end of level 2 now ^_^

If anybody wants to PM me with cheats, feel free.

Guest midnight

tip for level 2: dont try and stay in front of it, you have a better chance of dodging the bullets if you move up the screen (unless you dont have any powerups, in which case you must move infront whenever you can), try and destroy the front turret first, then the back, that seems the easiest way.

once the gun turrets are destroyed, keep moving, you will hear the laser before you can see it by a half a second, keep moving and you should be ok. Once you get used to this end of level its actually pretty easy.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.