Edit! Complete "how-to" guide activesync/BT

Guest Speedy

Hi All

This is doing my head in!!!

Have been searching and trying to find a guide that works, but have not succeded yet.

Can somebody please post a step-by-step guide or link to one, so i can get some functionality out of this phone.

Thanks

Guest osmildmay

How, How, How do you get the C500 to work via bluetooth with active sync??? Any help much appreciated - have been trying to set this up all afternoon!

Thanks

Okay here goes:

First of all make sure you have relevant bluetooth software turned "on" on your pc. In other words: enabled, started, activated.... you get the picture. Just make sure that it is ready to connect.

Then on C500:

Go into Activesync -> menu -> Setup BT Activesync-> click yes twice.

next, activate bluetooth unit but DON'T clik done, click "menu" instead -> units (enheder in Danish) -> "menu" -> new. Your phone should find your computer. Click "choose" (Vælg in Danish). Access key i just typed "1111" without the "" (does not matter what you type here, unless you are on a public computer i guess).

Your C500 should connect and your pc will ask for the code.

On PC:

type in code "1111"

On C500

type in name -> then it should be connected

click done twice (on C500)

Then go to activesync, click "menu" -> connect via bluetooth.

On PC:

Should pop up in notification area, remember to accept access.

"Bluetooth Service Authorization" window should then open -> mark Always allow this..... and click okay. That shold be it !!! you are happy to have connected your device thru bluetooth ^_^

But wait !!! it does not connect !!! darn.

If it does not connect it mean that active sync can't find the adequate COM port to connect to.

On PC:

open activesync -> connection settings and select "get connected"

If your C500 is connected to your PC your shold see it as a new COM-port. After having searched for devices it will say "i cant find it... to stupid to choose relevant COM port, so you have to do it for me" (well maybe not exact words).

Now what you do is open connections settings (i activesync) and mark "allow serial cable or infrared...) then on the drop down you can now select you relevant COM port. Mine is number 4 (COM 4) but it might not be the same. Select the right one and click "OK".

On C500:

in activesync click "menu" -> connect via bluetooth and you should be happy !!!

If you still arent then there is only one thing left to do before quitting.

Now, on C500:

open activesync -> "menu" -> settings (Danish indstillinger) -> settings for PC -> "menu" -> advanced ->mark 'activate pc sync with this type' and select "`bluetooth". Then activate your connection via bt again and you should be happy.

If you still arent happy, then PM and i will guide you thru MSN early next week.

And lets give a big thanks to MS and O for making it so easy for us. :twisted:

Hope it works

Guest IlliniSkiGuy

Can anybody rip out the Bluetooth Serial Port Setup program from their phone, and package it up into a zip file? I'm trying to hack my MPX220 to support the serial profile, and i have been unsuccessful in finding any ripped file systems to work through.

If i get the files needed, i can work though a fix for the MPX220 and package it back up for all those in need of a working serial port profile.

If someone can copy their entire Smartphone OS to a zip file, and post it or make it available, that would help a lot.

Thanks in advance.

-Rob

Guest Republic-of-yorks

hay guys

open activesync -> "menu" -> settings (Danish indstillinger) -> settings for PC -> "menu" -> advanced ->mark 'activate pc sync with this type' and select "`bluetooth". Then activate your connection via bt again and you should be happy.  

when i look on this menu i just have usb then numbers like 19200 38400 115200

but no bluetooth ^_^

after you have run the bluetooth set up program on phone and have achieved to just connect it to pc (no activesync yet). You should be able to see bluetooth there too, but not before i reckon.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lollygaggin1967

I have done everything acording to these any many other instructions. I have the com ports set correctly but I cant get this last part set up. No Matter what I do I never see Bluetooth inopen activesync -> "menu" -> settings (Danish indstillinger) -> settings for PC -> "menu" -> advanced ->mark 'activate pc sync with this type' and select "`bluetooth".

I have also checked off the Setup blue took checkbox.

Any one have any other ideas?

Guest gary_rip

Hi All,

This is my first post so a big hi to all you ppl.

The problem is most likley to do with Windows XP and SP2.

I spoke to orange 2day and they could not get it to work either. As such they are currently trying to fix the problem. The top tech support guy is due to give me a call and when he does il post the results.

Right Ok, here is how i have done it (TWICE!!):

I did what speedy wrote (WITH WINDOWS DRIVERS, NOT WIDCOMM) and instead of going setup bt activesync, just choose connect! should work make sure u have set up a com port on ur pc in bluetooth settings, as well as changed on active sync.

Also my bt serial setup(On c500) = both ticked :/ try that.. if u need more help pm :/

Guest Charlie Mouse

I am having the same problem as everyone else. I have installed the C500 update and installed XP SP2, I activated Bluetooth in XP and set up an incoming serial port. After activating Bluetooth on the C500 I can see my desktop PC and bond with it successfully (I can even send files to the phone using the standard bluetooth connection).

The trouble is, no matter what I do I cannot get my phone to connect via activesync. Just clicking 'connect using BT...' doesn't work, it just comes back instantly with a connection error. I dont have 'Bluetooth' listed in the available connection types, just USB and various serial speeds.

Having read all the posts I can find on this the only thing I can think of is that the people that have got it to work with SP2 must have had their phones working via the standard WIDCOMM drivers before they updated to SP2. The phone is then configured to be able to use activesync over BT due to the previous software and so works fine with SP2.

My phone worked fine using the WIDCOMM drivers that came with my bluetooth dongle but, seeing as I installed the new ROM at the same time as upgrading to SP2, its lost all knowledge of activesyncing over bluetooth.

I may be completely wrong about this but I have tried every option and cant get it to work.

Somebody help, it's driving me nuts!!!

Guest Lingerhosen

I was having a very similar problem with my E200 after I managed to spill a full glass of red wine on my keyboard and cradle (keep the drinks away from the computer kids!) :oops:

Anyway, managed to 'borrow' a new keyboard from the bird's workplace and a Belkin Bluetooth dongle off a mate who doesn't need it now his new laptop has BT built in... (that's the last he'll see of that!)

Anyhoo, just couldn't get it to Active Sync . Finally traced the problem to Zone Alarm, I'd not given the BT program permission to do anything as I always 'Deny permission' whenever I get that message on loading new software until I know what it does. So my advice would be to check your firewalls and any other security program and see if that helps!

Guest Charlie Mouse

I've given activesync and the other program (cant remember the name of it, WCEManager or something) full access through the Windows Firewall and it still doesn't make any difference.

i first used my bt dongle without widcomme drivers on sp2! i got it to work if anyone needs step by step how i did it drop a pm or add on msn meshspv@hot. (dont no if im alowed to post my email but :/)

il talk you through what i did!

using :

windows sp2

n sp2 drivers

I got XP SP2 and ActiveSync working with this

guide. Basically, it tells you to remove your bluetooth's propietary drivers (WIDCOMM and such), and let Sp2's bluetooth stack do the work :lol:

after following the guide, I lowered the COM port number, because ActiveSync didn't recognize the number windows assigned (COM11?!).

Did BtSerialPortSetup on the C500, ticked both options.

I don't know yet if all those special services work (e.g. the voice tunneling thingie) with the microsoft BT stack..

I had to reboot after the whole operation, only then did it work.

Guest wiznyme

As far as I can see everythings set up as above but I'm getting an error when I try to get them to connect

"Unable to connect. Verify your dial-up or proxy settings are correct and try again"

What dial-up or proxy settings ???

Bluetooth is supposed to be emulating a serial connection so why would it need them

I've also been onto Orange support, about as much use as a chocolate ashtray, said that only some bluetooth dongles actually work with the C500 but couldn't tell me which ones.

mries, how did you change the BT port number? I reinstalled my widcomm stack after the sp2 update (which is hard work!) but it assigned the BT ports from 11 up, which don't work with activesync. I am not given the option of using numbers below 11 when I try and change the port numbers through the BT settings on the laptop.

Guest Confucious

Dr Who - If you go to Control Panel -> Phones and Modems you might find you have multiple copies of theb BT Modem installed. I also had other ophones installed (again multiple copies) and when I deleted them all and rebooted I could then re-install my C500 and it used a lower COM port. unless you delete them the com ports are reserved for the other devices.

It worked for me :lol:

Good luck.

PS I used SP2 Stack as my Widcomm drivers are apparently not supported under SP2 - what version of the Widcomm stack are you using?