Edit! Complete "how-to" guide activesync/BT

Guest Speedy

I might give it a try, confucious. Just had a quick try with things. With my firewall and application control disabled, BT selected as connection method in async on phone, com9 set as serial port on async on laptop, com9 set as serial port on BT on laptop, tick boxes checked in my BT places on laptop and BT serial ports ticked on phone. Starting connect via BT in async on phone laptop displays a message saying serial port connected but async on laptop never starts.

Actually scrap that. Having reinstated my firewall and application control and swapped com ports 9 and 14 on my laptop I have now actually connected - but as a guest. I would guess that the ticking of the serial port authorization in my BT places was essential, as was selecting BT as connection method on phone and maybe selecting com9 in async. However I am only connected as guest and so far don't even seem to be able to explore my phone. But I am connected!!!!

Apologies for the language, but F*** my old boots it is only b***y working! Just closed the connection and tried connecting from my phone and guess what - it connected instantly, recognised the device, synced and I can explore.

I think the ONLY difference between now and all the other wasted hours I spent on this was the authorisation thing - I guess because I reinstalled my widcomm drivers after the SP2 update.

At last, I can sleep easy tonight. Now where is my USB, I want to WMP10 to automatically sync with my music folder - or has BT support been implemented for this yet???

Guest megalomaniacs4u
Megalomaniacs4u, what exactly do you mean by go ape on startup? This may be the cause of the port busy problem I keep receiving - I do get a message on startup saying something along the lines of, "Activesync cannot connect - do you want activesync to stop looking for devices" which I keep cancelling. The one time I said OK it seemed to stop me being able to activesync by USB but perhaps I should do this again and try and connect via BT. I don't care too much whether it works but it would be nice if it did!
Oh Yes!

I can't get phone to connect after Active Sync does it "cannot connect" rubbish - of course it can't connect its a bluetooth com port - if the phone isn't there yet don't bananas about it FFS!

And yes the typical MS Yes/No/Cancel where the correct answer is never the one you think it is...

I have to convince ActiveSync that the bluetooth com port COM4 (always) is the right one use, once I do that I can activesync from the phone without issue its just the idiocy on startup which makes the whole thing rather pointless

I think the ONLY difference between now and all the other wasted hours I spent on this was the authorisation thing

I'm glad the "authorisation" thing helped though.

Guest Slsk-addict

Hi, after 2 days of work, I finally have it working again :lol:

I got the widcomm driver from my dongle provider: www.sitecom.com

Plug in the bluetooth dongle. Windows will install it as a Generic Bluetooth radio.

Install the widcomm 1.4.2.11 driver.

Go to Device manager and right click the Generic Bluetooth Radio.

Select 'update driver'.

Choose 'No, not this time' and click next.

Select 'Install from a list or specific location (advanced)' and click next.

Select 'Don't search, I will choose the driver to install'.

Select 'Have disk', browse to the folder E:SoftwareWindows98me2000XP where E is the letter of the CD-Rom (or the folder of the downloaded 1.4.2.11 software).

Select the 'btwusb.inf' file and click OK.

Select the Sitecom bluetooth adapter and click finish.

No you can use the widcomm software without any issues.

After that I paired with my pc from my spvc500.

Then with the options of the bluetooth @ my pc, i added a comport, made sure the same comport was selected in activesync and I am once again able to activesync through BT again!!!!

• 7 months later...