C500 Update available to download from Orange UK!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

That's right folks, the eagerly awaited C500 Update - featuring the GAPI gaming fix - is now available for download at the following Orange page:

http://web.orange.co.uk/yourphone/spvc500/...l?id=sm_1137635

There are a number of minor improvements too, including but no limited to:

You can improve the performance of your SPV C500 by downloading the new ROM update. This will give you the following benefits:

Videos can be sent via MMS

Flickering issue in games has now been fixed  

Packet video full screen mode and backlight fix

Improved memory management of the camera and video applications

Improved browsing/upload speed (changed from GPRS class 8 to class 10)

P

[Edit: Chris (monolithix) spotted this on the Orange page: 'Your SPV C500's battery is fully charged.']

[Edit 2: An issue has been reported with multipress (pressing more than one key at once) - read the full thread for details]

Good advice folks!

Guest inspectorgadjet

I haven't updated yet...waiting for phone to finish charging...but I was wondering if there is no windows media player update as they don't mention it?

Guest awarner [MVP]
Just wondering, whats going on wiht the TomTom Fix? does this resolve the issue or is it for TomTom to fix?

I don't know if this also resolves the TomTom issue but TomTom

are working on a seperate update to resolve any problems with the C500.

Guest www.msmobiles.com

Does this update has Windows Media Player 10 too?

Could somebody post screenshots with Windows Media Player 10 in C500 after update?

Guest mavisdavis

:twisted:

After the error I thought Id reset the pc and start again. So I start the update again and get a stage further it then starts to update my phone slips into 3colour screen then I get this bloody error message- ERROR [248]:UPDATE ERROR

:evil:

:twisted:  

After the error I thought Id reset the pc and start again. So I start the update again and get a stage further it then starts to update my phone slips into 3colour screen then I get this bloody error message- ERROR [248]:UPDATE ERROR

:evil:

:shock: That doesn't sound good..

I just did mine with no problems. I can't really see any difference - i don't play games so can't comment on the GAPI stuff..

Have to ask the age-old question that has troubled me with every ROM update I've ever performed :

Paul, SIMlock stays of ? Certificationlock stays of ?

I don't mind the certificationlock that much but I'd really hate having to have the simlock removed all over again..

Hi everyone my first post as i just got my C500. I have tried to update 7 times and each one has failed with connection error 264 ^_^ . The phone is connected to the pc with Activesync but as soon as the update starts Activesync switches off. Tried with firewall off and used every usb port anyone got any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Have to ask the age-old question that has troubled me with every ROM update I've ever performed :

Paul, SIMlock stays of ? Certificationlock stays of ?

I don't mind the certificationlock that much but I'd really hate having to have the simlock removed all over again..

sim lock stays off, but phone will be application locked after update. OTA still works

Hi everyone my first post as i just got my C500. I have tried to update 7 times and each one has failed with connection error 264  ^_^ . The phone is connected to the pc with Activesync but as soon as the update starts Activesync switches off. Tried with firewall off and used every usb port anyone got any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

try disabling active sync by opening active sync, then file // connection settings

Guest Paul [MVP]

Try running the update from the bootloader.

Turn the phone off, hold the camera button down and while doing so, press the power button for one second then release.

This should start the phone into the bootloader, which may help you flash.

P

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.