C500 Update available to download from Orange UK!

Guest PaulOBrien

Just installed the rom update on a Swiss C500 ... worked like a charm.

For the plus for this version :

- keypad is lighted when not using sensor

- screen does not blank anymore when set to never (at least it did not since 15 minutes when I installed the upgrade ^_^ )

Did you have to reinstall local settings, such as sms/mms/GPRS' settings?

Any idea on a coming Swiss^' release?

Cheers.

Guest ekkelon

Hi ....

Just now I am started with the upgrade procedure .....

In a screen appear this infomations:

Model ID: SPV C500

Image Version: blanck

Language:ENGLISH

At this point my question is .... If I proceed with the update, after that I have the italian language or not?

Thank You for the information....

Did you have to reinstall local settings, such as sms/mms/GPRS' settings?

Any idea on a coming Swiss^' release?

Cheers.

Yep, you got UK settings.

But as I'm using my C500 with sunrise, I don't care if defaults settings are for Orange CH or OrangeUK ^_^

But I think at least sms settings is auto, cause I never configured it and it worked.

For MMS, never sent or received one since my first SPV, so I don't even care to configure it

For GPRS, I have my C500 since 1 week only and I didn't configure it yet

And for CH version ... just checked orange.ch : no news

Guest chucky.egg

Anyone else using SmartFilter after the update?

I did the update, then restored from Sprite, OTA Unlock and it doesn't work (says my phone is not completely unlocked).

Following Fozzie's advice I did a Hard Reset, OTA Unlock and reinstalled all my apps, but I still get the same message in SmartFilter

Anyone else having this? I can't see what it's talking about!

Before you perform your upgrade, please ensure that:

-You are not already running the most recent software. To check your current version of software, from the Home Screen, press Start, Settings, About and scroll down to check your operator version. If your version is Operator version: 4.1.1.4 . then you already have the latest software.

Hmm my C500 has Operator version: 4.1.3.0, that's nice...

-Please note that this update is for UK devices only and cannot be used on SPV C500s sold in other countries.

That makes it clear, Dutch version here, too bad I'll have to wait for the Dutch update. Maybe including WMP 10... ^_^

Guest Art.289SR

I have a SPV500.

The ROM-update is: Operator 4.1.1.4.

I have the Operator version 4.1.3.0.

It seems to me that my version is newer/higher then the one we all can download know, or am I wrong? So I should not download the update?

Can anyone tell me if that's the case or not?

Thanks in advance,

(sm)ART.

I have a SPV500.

The ROM-update is: Operator 4.1.1.4.  

I have the Operator version 4.1.3.0.

It seems to me that my version is newer/higher then the one we all can download know, or am I wrong? So I should not download the update?

Can anyone tell me if that's the case or not?  

Thanks in advance,

(sm)ART.

As Paul stated earlier, the third digit just stands for the language, this means you have a dutch rom installed...

Anyone else using SmartFilter after the update?

I did the update, then restored from Sprite, Unlock and it doesn't work (says my phone is not completely unlocked).  

Following Fozzie's advice I did a Hard Reset, OTA Unlock and reinstalled all my apps, but I still get the same message in SmartFilter

Anyone else having this?  I can't see what it's talking about!

Hello, as I say again and again:

YOU HAVE TO USE THE PC INSTALLER TO INSTALL SMARTFILTER

Every other attempt (reinstall over ActiveSync, loading Backups, copy files directly, ...) WILL NOT WORK.

Solution: Use PC Installer and install again ==> WILL WORK.

Maik

BTW: If you read the error message you get from SmartFilter at startup it says the same...

Did I get the right Sprite download - third one ?

That's the one I would have gone for. I'm holding off for a bit; I don't fancy beta testing a backup/restore app! Version 1.0 has worked fine for me ^_^

Guest awarner [MVP]

Activsync seems very irratic now :?

I could not sync the first time until I did a hard reset, now when the phone is unpluged after being synced it will not always resync until the PC is rebooted.

I've seen this problem on other phone in the past but never before

on the C500 before the update :?

Guest scopes64
Activsync seems very irratic now  

Tried to make my phone have problems with activesync, all type of pulling cables, stoping and starting phone, pulling cables during syncs etc.

No problems.

My Activesync is 3.7.1 build 4034, tested on Windows 2000 and XP Home

hi, im a new member to modaco and wanted to know if anyonw knew if you could get the silver orange spv c500 on any pay monthly plan, I just phoned up orange twice and got mixed messages, :? can anyone help please?

Can someone please confirm whether the audio TSSS bug has been resolved or not? I can't update yet myself, as I have a Dutch phone. I don't want to screw up my orange world settings ^_^

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.