C500 Update available to download from Orange UK!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest stretchie

No problem Fozzie.

Infact I am sure you were the one who pointed out the possibility of it being a version problem with my BT.

I'm trying my hans with skins and stuff so I hope to be able to post a useful message (hopefully with a nice skin for everybody) soon.

TRYING being the operative word. NEVER used any language but English before, and the odd four letter French word :wink:

Haven't seen anyone mention this here yet, but it looks like both the bluetooth receive file size issue and the deleting too many characters in the IE address bar issue have been sorted by this update!

Ale.

Guest ArtyCarl

Like a few others i'm frustrated in that I cant seem to get the updating done. I've tried every suggestion and still it remains unupdated with the error 264.

Ho hum...such is life at the cutting edge.

Guest Jothebulb

Hi,

New here, and have spent a while reading the back catalogue of issues with the C500.

My question is that I have still got a couple of days to run in the Orange 7-day return window.

My phone has locked me out of the sim card so far (Orange yet to tell me how to get round this; fixed it myself), pressing the '1' key to dial answerphone means nothing happens, and key presses whilst talking to an automated response phone system have no effect (which is a major problem reporting the fault to Orange's own system or picking up voice mail...). Orange tell me it could be up to nine days before tech. services get back to me with a solution

Quick question: do I use the opportunity to return the phone under the seven days return policy?

Thanks...

Jonathan

Guest pisquee

You need to tell the phone which number to phone for voice mail ... settings>phone>call options

Not sure why it would lock you out of your SIM card.

DTMF tones should work in call, they sure do on mine.

Guest Jothebulb

Blimey you're right. Checked the settings, and no number entered for the voicemail. That's the first Orange phone I've ever had that hadn't had this set up, right from the box. That's duff, isn't it?

Jonathan

Guest stretchie

I have found that I am having a problem sending files from BT after the update.. ANyone else found this.. I am using SmartExplorer (No probs with version)

^_^

Guest Digital_Carnage

Installed update and worked first time no probs.

I have have noticed that the GPRS speed of sending MMS's for me seems to be a lot quicker.

Still the annoying tsss though on WMP. Have noticed that this only happens to me when the backlight is off, WMP moves on to the next track and the backlight suddenly springs back to life making the tune tsss. Dunno if this helps???

Still a happy C500 owner. Love the phone ^_^

Guest Confucious

You can use it on non UK phones but it will change all your settings to UK settings. It's probably best to wait until your local supplier releases it.

• 3 weeks later...
"]4.1.3.0 is the same as 4.1.1.0 but Dutch, the 3rd digit is the language identifier.

P

Finally found my answer what these operator numbers mean. So my dutch version is lower than the english one:

Dutch C500:

WM2003se V 4.21.1088(build 14132)

Radio V 1337.0.27_0.03.12

ROM update

Operator 4.1.3.0

MAnufacturer 1.1.3.13

MS 4.21.14132.0

Language 1.1.3.13

File syst. 4.21.14132.0

So I wil try an update too!!

Guest theSandmanCymru

Hi

First thing - this is my first post - so please bear with me :lol:

I have had my phone for 2 months now and I have had quite a few 'basic' problems.

The mad thing is - is that they have all been really basic!!!

I can put my DVD's on it and watch them fine - though the sound is a bit 'farty'.

But using the alarm clock function was a nightmare!!!

It would not go off at the set time - hence two days late at work!!!

Then I found out that after I set the alarm for say 4pm and then changed it to 5:45 am - it would not go off at 5:45am - the time shown - but at 4pm !!! The time I originally tested it to make sure the noise would wake me up!!!

At 5:45am instead of ringing - it would freeze!! I would have to tuen it off and back on again to use the phone. Of course, muttering to myself on the way to work late!!!

Did the update - everything seemed fine.

Until I played an MP3 to my girlfriend through the head set - when I noticed my phone was playing sound through the phones speakers and the headset at the same time.

Turned it off and back on - then it was only playing through the head set - great! or so it would seem.

The following day I tried to make a phone call (no earphones plugged it). I could hear no dialing ring - but looking at the screen it seemed the call was connected and I could hear nothing.

I discovered that the phone was stuck on its headset settings and I could not change it to normal :D So I could only use the phone when the earphones/headset was in!!

A call to Orange - they said my phone was faulty - and fair play - the following day (today) I have just had a replacement.

BUT - the replacement has the old version ROM - not the update! Surely the new phones should have the update.

Now questions please :D

1. Anyone else had basic problems with the phone? or was I just unlucky? Like I say - playing DVD's is fine - which is awesome!!! But using it as a phone not so!!!

2. I use windows Media Player that came with the phone to play MP3's - it seems fine on my old phone - not heared any Tsss either. But, when I look at playlist it just lists all my songs in the order I put them on. Is there any way I can get it to display by album/group, etc - otherwise I have to scrool through loads of songs to fine what I want? Should I use other software for playing MP3's and if so what?

3. Is there a way that I can get better sound from DVD's - I use is it Betaplayer?? and DVD to Smartphone. I find I have to turn the sound up load and it gets 'farty' or distorted. Bear in mind that I listen/watch them on the train to work - which is noisy - so I have to turn up the sound to be able to hear the film.

I have to say the phone seems brilliant - if not for these problems - and everyone I have shown it to is twitching to get one for themselves ;)

(I have a 256MB card installed by the way)

(oh and can I say that this forum is brilliant too - have not long found it and everyone on it rocks!!!!!)

Cheers

theSandmanCymru

Guest Confucious

Welsh Sandman - you were unlucky.

there maybe a "never ending2 list of bugs but most have been fixed or do not affect the majority of users. If you look in the c500 forum you should find answers to most of your questions.

I thinks it's a great phone.

Good luck with your replacement :lol:

I have tried running the ROM upgrade and it just tells me that it is unable to connect to my phone,

i have active sync running on windows xp SP2 and everything syncs ok,

but when i click on explore i opens up mobile device but doesnt show me any folders.

i have disabled the firewall and still get problems.

does anyone know why the ROM upgrade cant connect to my phone and why i cannot access the folders on my phone even though it syncs ok

:cry:

• 11 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.