New SMS Program - With Distribution Lists!!! Full Program!!

Guest TigerNet

Guest MoRFLeZ

Have tested this for a week or so, and I love it! It takes a while to set up the distribution lists, and once you're able to put more than 5 people on the list, it'll be a lot more useful for me!

But that said, I have not experienced any problems so far ... great program.

Edited: Have to agree that I dislike the message of contacts on sim etc etc read when you start the program! =)

When adding a contact to a list, it would rock if you could just trigger the phonebook with the action key, and as someone already mentioned a T9 feature would be great!

Oh and a nice lil icon for it would do wonders as well *S*

Guest MoRFLeZ

One more feature that I would love to see - maybe with an option to disable or enable ... is one that was standard on my Siemens MC60

Let's say I have a list with my "hangout buddies". One of the people on the list is having her birthday, and the rest of us wanna do a surprise thingie. So I want to send a text to the entire list - except of course for that birthday kid! Would be great if the list popped up when you chose it, and you could uncheck the one person (or several) that you didn't want to send the text to!

It was a feature I used a lot on my other mobile!

Again, love the program ..

Guest MoRFLeZ

One more thing that I would seriously pay an ungodly amount of money for ... would be the abillity to save an restore an sms! Now this really doesn't relate to distribution lists .. but it's a feature that many people have craved for ever and ever.

Guest nikjensie

I've tried it as well the last 2 weeks and I have to admit that it's a very useful and well written program. I concur that the initial screen about the successfully read contacts could be removed (especially since it says "Error Msg" in the header, could confuse future users), instead, popup a message if they were NOT read successfully. I also second the feature stated by MoRFLeZ although, the less steps to send a message the better so maybe just have the option in the menu to edit the list before sending. Maybe use the list you get with the phone numbers when you press Action to display a list of names with checkboxes.

The folder selection in the menu is something I think Microsoft should have implemented in the regular Inbox.

All in all though I think it's a very nice program and VERY useful. I will follow the progress of the program and try to help out with suggestions if I have any.

Keep up the good work and please try to release a version with less limitations soon.

Best Regards

Nik

Guest TigerNet

...thnaks for the feedback Nik...

...any more feedback from current testers? I am going to compile all the feedback and decide with CodesRaider where to go next...

...big question...does this have commercial value (free to Plus members, cost to others)?? Let me know...

Cheers

Nick

Guest nikjensie
...big question...does this have commercial value (free to Plus members, cost to others)?? Let me know...

With the risk of never seeing a full version of this program I have to be honest and say that I think the commercial value would be low ($4.99), if any. Don't get me wrong, I love the program and find it very useful, but it's merely an add-on to the system, you could do the procedure by yourself everytime, it's just more time consuming. To state an example, the Simple Bluetooth App by BlindLemon... It's just easier to run the app than to find your way into the bluetooth settings and switch...

That's just my opinion though. I could be wrong. I personally would pay a low cost to get the program, cause I also like to encourage programming of apps for the platform.

Best Regards

Nik

Guest duarte.teixeira

Can I also try it ?

Does it allow you to keep records of your sent (and draft) SMS's ??

Does it allow you to have the option for requestiing delivery receipts always on?

Thanks in advance

Guest TigerNet

...here is the limited version application...limited to 2 lists of 5 people...thanks for all the feedback - please keep it coming... 8)

A decision on the full application will be made at the end of November in terms of functions and whether it will be freeware or not - I am leaning towards freeware, but need to see how much additional coding is necessary... :wink:

Cheers

Nick

SmartSMS_2003_v1_02Limited.CAB

• 3 weeks later...
btw: I never tried Symbian Handy, what makes it good?

At least it has better SMS handling like a status window on sending sms, better folder control, and it asks for confirmation before sending a sms. But that is just my humble opinion.

Guest fedpik.dk

could i plz try the app?

Kind Regards

fp.dk

Edit

- bugger, i'm stupid... should have read page 3 too... not only 1,2 and 4.. sorry for the buggerish post.

Guest MoRFLeZ
Any chance of a copy.

Cheerz

Check page 3 ... it's right there =)

And are you still working on a new release Tiger? Cause I'm dying for an icon, and a few of the other modifications you were talking about =)