Camera upgrade MPx220!!

Guest camilo

Here in the netherlands they're selling the mitac mio 8870 the mpx100 look alike, has a 200mhz xscale cpu, no bluetooth.

8870_8.JPG

But first let's c what the mpx220 will be like here in europe, I do belief they'll give an updated version out here in europe.

Woo, I made that picture, perhaps I'm the first one with that phone here ^_^ The battery life of those Mio phones is ok, 3 days, but inferior to C500 and SDA, but I'm a fanboy of both of them.

Just a question to Lutzh: Why is it that de C500's screen is even better, although its only 65k colours instead of 262k colours like on MPx220? Is it true that Windows Mobile limits to colours to only 65.535, so a 262k screen isn't any usefull for a WM smartphone anyway?

Guest Underdog_2k

It does look a bit cheap, cheap plastic ^_^ , but If it's a great phone no problem with looks. I don't think WM2003 is limited to 64k colours, UI is only a small part of any program. But hee I'm just a n00b :D Let's hear from the experts :!: :P

I thoguht the camera sucked as well like you all, but it turns out it's not that bad. The trick is, you have to hold the camera for a couple seconds for it to focus, before taking the picture. If you do that, the picture quality does look like that of 1mega pixel camera.

Guest angeljo008

I don't know if you guys have heard, but Cingular and Moto are working on a ROM update right now--Supposedly, it is to be released at Cingular stores before the official release at corporate stores--It is addressing the mic and volume issues for in-calls only--as far as I know--There has been an individual who works for Moto that has tested it already--sooooo there you go if you'd like I'll post the link--just let me know!

Guest angeljo008
Umm... I posted the link three days ago. Look around. :D

yeah, sorry saw that after the fact---infact your's was the one I read it from !!! LOL!! I visit 3 different forums and lost track of where I read it--don't usually do that sorry!! :lol:

I had the mpx220 for a few days. I now have the smt 5600 (and Nokia 6620 which I consider superior to both MS products in terms of UI). I don't know how anyone could honestly state that the 220 is of a better build quality. The 5600 is ROCK SOLID, metal casing. The 220 seems fine but in now way feels better constructed. In regards to performance, my 220 had terrible volume, a poor mic, etc. and you can't even voice dial over bluetooth. I think that if an update correcting the volume issue and bluetooth issue is released, the 220 will be a fine phone. And for those that are currently happy with theirs- great. But don't knock around on Lutzh just because he's calling it like he sees it :lol:

I had the mpx220 for a few days. I now have the smt 5600 (and Nokia 6620 which I consider superior to both MS products in terms of UI). I don't know how anyone could honestly state that the 220 is of a better build quality. The 5600 is ROCK SOLID, metal casing. The 220 seems fine but in now way feels better constructed. In regards to performance, my 220 had terrible volume, a poor mic, etc. and you can't even voice dial over bluetooth. I think that if an update correcting the volume issue and bluetooth issue is released, the 220 will be a fine phone. And for those that are currently happy with theirs- great. But don't knock around on Lutzh just because he's calling it like he sees it :lol:

Thanks for kicking the dead horse bud...

I'll rap this up by repeating that the only problem people had with Lutzh was the fact that he came on to a Mpx220 specific thread just to say that he thinks the phone is crap. The statement was made that we don't go on the C500 board just to slam it, and we expect the same respect back. The issue has been resolved so how bout we let it die hmm?

End of story.

Guest Pondrew

I'll rap this up by repeating that the only problem people had with Lutzh was the fact that he came on to a Mpx220 specific thread just to say that he thinks the phone is crap. The statement was made that we don't go on the C500 board just to slam it, and we expect the same respect back. The issue has been resolved so how bout we let it die hmm?

End of story.

So an MPX220 owner doesn't have the right to voice his opinion of the quality of the phone huh? Because that's what iJITSU was doing. And Lutzh had been giving his opinion of the MPX220 he had tested...

folks - leave each other alone on that! every phone has its pro's and con's. i said the mpx220 is crap because someone else was saying the c500 is crap. but hey - it always depends in your expectations in a phone!

i found it disturbing to see the camera quality. others say they don't care. i found it hard to sell a phone when the integrated bluetooth stack sucks battery empty within hours. others say they don't need bluetooth at all. i found it stupid to have no indication if i am in a network because of the missing led and the shut off outside display that shows nothing without a key press (you don't see missed calls, missed messages, the time or if you have network coverage). others say they don't need to see that. thats just my personal taste, folks. i expect things like that to be well made and i don't find that on the mpx220. thats why i have a c500 that has its own funny bugs or missconstructions of course.

this is not a mpx220 board nor is it a c500 board. thats why i take my right to post wherever whenever. if someone doesn't like that - just ignore me or stay at home. so far my two cents where always welcome except in the mpx220 section where people thought it is not allowed to have a different view on things.

recall of the mpx220 speaks for it self. it will still not fix all bugs, but who cares? you liked the phone before the update and you will definitly like it afterwards. does it any matter for you that i point my finger on things THAT I DON'T LIKE? not really. i don't want to change your mind just as much as i am sure that you can't change mine. but i like to keep a discussion regarding needed improvements, bugs, likes and dislikes. its the only way to get better phones into our pockets. no matter who builds them!

cheers. lutz

End of story.

If it's a dead issue to you, then you may want to refrain from responding to posts regarding it as you inadvertenly continue the discussion.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I wanted to apologize publicly to gsr264 for my last post. I wasn't really paying attention to how I responded at the time I posted and the manner in which I did was uncalled for. I realized this after viewing the thread after many days. My apologies.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest thegoods12188

HELP!

can some please tell me the best settings for best photos taken with the mpx220 i found on the smartphone thoughts site and it only tells you the indoor i would like to find the outdoor

thanks - joe