MMS y'all...

Guest grindoc

Guest grindoc

my MMS system is not working properly, any help is much appreciated. I installed the English version of the MMS menu provided by evann and it works fine. I then put in all the proper settings from Modaco from this thread:

http://modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=4861&hig...ght=mms+tmobile

and I am on T-Mobile in the US. Unfortunately the MMS refuses to send any of my messages. also it is receiving the same messages constantly over and over and over and over.....note that my internet connnection and SMS work fine.

comments?

Guest markgamber

First of all, you need a valid wap connection. That aside, I have my settings as so: MMSC URL: http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms and WAP Gateway: 216.155.165.50.

If the above doesn't work, then something hasn't been entered correctly. The MMSC URL *MUST* be exactly as seen above. No extra slashes or spaces or anything else....exactly as you see it. Using the above with a working wap connection, I got the MMS app working. Unfortunately, I've never been able to receive with it. Instead, I get two empty sms messages every so often until the message expires. I figured it was something special about T-Mobile mms but given how f'ed up this phone and Windows mobile is in other ways, I now tend to think it's the app or something related to it. If anyone has ever gotten this app to receive with T-Mobile *USA*, I'd like to hear about it.

Guest grindoc

I placed those settings as I had gotten them from T Mobile a couple of days ago and the only thing that was different is that my WAP gateway ended in .050 instead of .50 which is what T Mobile had told me to do. so i have just deleted that one 0 and restarted my phone. still the same.

hmmmm, the most annoying this is that there are repetitive receptions of a single message that I have to delete all the time.

Guest markgamber

A wap connection that works. Example:

GPRS Connections:

Description: GPRS

Connects to: The Internet

Access Point: wap.voicestream.com

Primary DNS: 216.155.165.50

Proxy Connections:

Description: WAP

Connects from: The Internet

Connects to: WAP Network

Proxy: 216.155.165.50:9201

Type: WAP

Internet Connection: GPRS

WAP Connection: WAP

The above seems to work pretty well for me and the MMS app works using the above settings. I've tried setting up another proxy and applying that to the MMS Connections bit in the data connections but it hasn't made any difference as far as receiving messages is concerned.

• 2 weeks later...

Man, I got that same crazy problem :cry: . It receives an empty sms message over and over, and that is draining the battery so fast that I barely can use it for two days. And, if I talk for a few minutes, it lasts only one day. Bug ?

One more thing: when I change the sim card and use one from TIM Brazil, it stops receiving messages. But, still no mms :evil: .

This phone is incredible, nice built, good looking, fast but has some minor problems which, I guess, would be easily solved with a little effort from Mio.

JF

Hello,

You may try the Channel Tip posted on this site. It worked for me and I stopped to receive countless SMSs, but you have to do that everytime you switch on your phone. Even if you turn off flight mode.

cheers,

JF