Which color shades are possible?

Guest robb

Hey guys,

i have just a little question, won't take long...

i'm just about making my first homescreen. I used a certain shade of green,

but after putting it on my phone the green was nearly grey ... is there

anyone here who have a clue how to make the homescreen exactly looks

like the homescreen on my pc?

any suggestions about what to do?

greetings...

Guest pisquee

Your computer monitor and phone screen are different. Your PC screen have been accurately set for a correct colour balnace and brightness, contrast etc, but even if you have done this, you can't do it on your smartphone. There are approx 65,000 colours on the smartphone screen, that should be enough. But I think there is going to have to be some trial and error to find out what colour you want.

Guest Skunkchild

Try these sort of web safe colour codes or ...

If you're on about making the colour of graphics appear more true, then try to increase the colour saturization in your graphics program before putting them on the phone. Personally, I use Macromedia Fireworks and increase saturation by at least 50% for my E200, and maybe adjust brightness and contrast. It may look intesnse on your pc but will often look much better when dulled down on the phone.

It's a bit of a trial and error process to find the image properties which display the best as it depends on lots of factors (that others might care to explain).

at first thanks for the answears.

then... im using photoshop and already reduced my colors to 256. The result is the same as before ^_^

is here anyone who cold help me out with ps?

greetings

Guest midnight

no need to change the images to 256 colour, its the TFT display itself rather than the no. of colours. TFT screens generally change have different brightness, saturation and contrast to PC Monitors, its mainly due to the way TFT's are lit. As said, its trial and error, took me ages to get the correctBlue colour on Reload 2: Ice