Video Recorder Quality

Guest Nice Pants

Guest Nice Pants

I was just wondering what some of your impressions of the video recorder are? The recorder on my 220 will stream smoothly for ~1 second and then it will be choppy for another. It almost seems as if there is a memory buffer problem?

I have used pocket tv (results are a little choppy) and betaplayer (very nice video) to watch movies I have encoded using TMPGenc, and the results using both are leaps and bounds better than that of the built in recorder on the phone.

Anyway, I just want to know if anyone else deems the video recorder next useless, or if it is just my phone.

By the way, I have a 512mb mini SD card, that I record to. I have turned the audio recording off, made the video size smaller, and recorded to the phone memory, yet it is choppy in every possible configuration. Any suggestions?

Andrew

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Nice Pants

I basically answered my own question I guess. I returned my previous phone for a new one and the recorder stream is choppy on this one as well. Does anyone with an audiovox 5600 have any comments on their video quality?