PhunkyMCE

Guest phunkynutz

Guest phunkynutz

[141]PhunkyMCE.jpg

File Name :: PhunkyMCE

Author :: phunkynutz

Category :: Computer

Description ::

A simple home screen based loosely on Windows Media Center Edition.

CAB installation

Updated Tue, Jan 25 2005 2:54 pm

View File

Pic looks great. Doesn't work on my c500. Displays a message on home screen saying "No home screen layouts can be found. Install a valid home screen layout and then select it using the Home Screen item Settings."

Perhaps its because I put the CAB on the SD instead of the phone?

Edt: No, same result when CAB is run from phones mem. I would like to have this home screen. Perhaps the files could be posted for the old fashioned approach without CAB installation?

Thanks

Guest schaggo
Perhaps the files could be posted for the old fashioned approach without CAB installation?
Hey cbch, here you are ^_^

I forgot to add: a great theme. It replaced my own Larefonts hack with minimal information on it.

@phunkynutz: I extracted the files, re-zipped them and attached them to this post. If this is ok - which I deeply hope - then everything is ok and cbch and I are happy, if it's not ok, then please PM me or a mod to remove the attached zip-file. I would be sorry then for not asking you to unpack and repack your work.

Phunky MCE.zip

Guest Skunkchild

@ gsr264 - I've put some stuff together for a media edition homescreen. Let me know if you want me to send you some graphics I collected, as I'm waiting for a new plugin before releasing one myself.

Anyway, yes I'd like to see some more but maybe extra screens and stuff would be better as I rarely keep the same homescreen layout for long and prefer to just change backgrounds frequently. I'll add some of my media centre backdrops to my Bio Media Homescreen soon.

Good work Phunky !

Guest phunkynutz

Thanks for all the positive feedback.

@schaggo: Thanks for repacking the home screen to solve the problem cbch was having - much appreciated. ^_^

Guest fatalnoise

Think someone can remove the calender plug in and add the smart monitor plugin on this? I tried unsuccessfully...

Also looking for 24hr time format. My phone is set on it, but it doesn't display on the phone... Still 12AM/PM

Thanks in advance...

• 2 months later...
Guest teflon182

sup! im new on here and have the spv c500, and need some help, please! im trying to get some thems on to my phone, i can get the CAB files in the right place and then start to open them but when they start to install they stop and i get this message.....

"installation failed. the program or setting

cannot be installed because it does

not have adequate system permissions"

any clue how to sort this out

Guest Disco Stu

First off, you will all need to application unlock your phones.

See here : http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=102618

Then the installation method will depend on the type of file containing the skin.

Use WinZip or WinRar to unpackage if appropriate but DO NOT attempt to unpack a cab file.

If you have an xml file and a jpeg or 2, simply copy these across to the phone and paste into \My Smartphone \IPSM (now Storage) \Application Data \Home and select in Settings, Homescreen.

If you have a cab or hme file then copy & paste into \Storage \Windows \Start Menu \Accessories. Now go to the Programs menu on the phone (left softkey) and open up the Accessories folder. Here you will find the icon for the file you just pasted in there. Hit the action button and the phone will do the rest for you.

Just checked - this creation comes as a cab file.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.