mpx220 vs smt500

Guest MotoBaller

Guest MotoBaller

the mpx220 is crazy ill, but it lacks somethings when i first played with it i expected it to be the best and now its like ehh, i want to know if the smt500 is any better except for the fact it has windows media 10, if so post comments and ish...cause I love the mpx220 but i want any one who has had first hand expeirence on the smt 500, cause i bought my mpx220 for 540 when it first came out at best buy, so i wanted to save some money cause I want to get the mpx300(mpx) when it comes out, but right now what about the mpx220 vs the smt 500?

there's a few threads on here with the debate already. Lutzh and I are actually fighting about it as we speak. ^_^ I'm pro MPx220. Lutzh is pro c500.

If you decide to sell yours, let me be the first to say I'll take it off your hands if you decide to go the other route. If you are seriously considering the c500, I would go with the iMATE SP3i. The iMATE SP3 is the exact same as the c500 and the SP3i has a joystick and looks a little slicker. Otherwise, it's the exact same phone.

-Mc

p.s. remember, I want your MPx220 if you decide to sell it.

i have no fight with anyone regarding my hobby. i would really appreciate if you dont use my name in any matter. yes i know this is the mpx220 area and i have non, because i dont want one anymore and because i am very happy that i got my money back for the one i bought a couple of weeks ago. but this is not america and you cant send your troups here to capture osama bin lutz because he as a different point of view than you have.

i dont like to have a conversation like this. if you like the mpx220 more than the c500 then it is absolutely ok for me. but you have to accept other views too especially when you come here to a forum that is not only a mpx220 supporters place but very much related to the whole windows mobile smartphone plattform. i only want to see improvements for the entire plattform, since i like it alot and if you ask people around the planet if they know me and what i stand for than you have to face the fact that my work stands for windows mobile and the development over the last two years. of course you can hate me for my view regarding the mpx220 but see if you call the c500 crap in the opening of your threat then you have to expect that someone comes around asking you why you do this. i said it before - i would love to have a mpx220 in my pockets but at the moment i dont see it performing as reliable and good enough to buy one. but that depends in how i use it and that may be totally different to the way you use it and therefore to the results you get with it. can you accespt this as a pipe of peace between us, mc hale?

so to be back on topic: the audiovox is only carrying the windows media player 10 compared to the c500. the gapi issue that strikes gamers that havent updated to the latest orange rom is not there but of course it lacks of the missing multipress. also important for the audiovox: it has a simlock. you have to unlock it to use it in another network. the rest is a question of taste - the mpx220 screen is brighter but smaller. the mpx220 is a clamshell and you have to press a key or to open it if you want to see the time or missed calls since the outer screen goes to sleepmode quickly while you can have all kind of information permanently available on the c500 and its derivates like the audiovox. the mpx220 has a faster processor so applications start a fraction quicker than the htc ones.

i cant answer the question if you like clamshells or candybars more - but i guess you can answer this for yourself.

cheers, lutz

Thank you for the motion of peace Lutz, it is very big of you and we will ALL apreciate an end to the recent counter-productive bickering between some of the members. HOWEVER, please refrain from making light of Osama Bin Laden, as he has admitted to being responsible for the deaths of over 3000 people. Two of which I personally knew.

Your cooperation is much appreciated.

Thank you for the motion of peace Lutz, it is very big of you and we will ALL apreciate an end to the recent counter-productive bickering between some of the members. HOWEVER, please refrain from making light of Osama Bin Laden, as he has admitted to being responsible for the deaths of over 3000 people. Two of which I personally knew.

Your cooperation is much appreciated.

jeesh! I was pointing out that you are pro c500 and I was pro MPx220. I didn't see any harm in that since he was asking what was best. That question is hard to answer because of personal tastes.

Then you attack me personally in the same thread about how great you are and how dumb I am (in the same thread where pages earlier I complimented you).

Then you cry because I invoked your name.

Cry me a river...

-Mc

Guest dling1971

..........Wow..........I believe a cold beer shared amongst all would resolve any hostility going on at this point..................it is after all just a phone

Current phones

mpx 220

audiovox smt5600

V600

cool, buddies - nice to see that we are all relaxed again. its just phones we should not forget! sorrey because of osama. that was just a tasteless reaction...

cheers, lutz