Mega Shoot-em-up 'SkyForce' is Released!

Guest James

SkyForce 'The best shoot-em-up on the Smartphone!' (as quoted on coolsmartphone) is now released to buy...

smartphone-skyforce.jpg

Skyforce is one helluva game. It's already taken the PocketPC and Symbian platforms by storm and is a top seller. This wicked shoot-em-up is available exclusively from our friends at Clickgamer, who do a fantastic job running our software shop here.

The game is a wild over-head shoot-em-up with smooth graphics, fantastic music, excellent sound effects, weapons upgrades, your choice of ships, autofire (on/off) and massive explosions!  

Infinte Dreams are responsible for this, and I must say that it has to be one of the best shoot-em-ups I've ever seen on the Smartphone. In fact - I crashed my little ship about 3 times on purpose just so I could see the explosion again!! ^_^ This game is absolutely fantastic - it actually made me put DOWN my beer, and that's one hell of an achievement!

TYR or BUY HERE

Source: coolsmartphone.com

Guest kurtfhouse

Just tried the demo, am VERY impressed. The game looks and plays fantasticly ^_^

I have found a bug on the C500 though, NO I hear you all say....

Anyway if you don't touch the buttons for a few seconds and the screen dims, the game freezes and the whole phone buggers up and you have to turn it off by holding the power button down for ages or taking the battery off :D

Still that aside I love it and I think I will buy it anyway, hopefully there will be a fix soon, at least if the makers read this post anyway :wink:

Guest chucky.egg

Yeah, I have the 4.1.1.4 update and it hasn't done that to me

Having said that the game is so addictive I haven't left it alone for long since it was installed!

I used to play this on my P900 (stylus control is great!) but if anything I think the graphics are BETTER on the smaller screen.

I just love it.

Tried the demo, and loved it! Bought the game now.

It looks and plays brilliantly. Well worth the money.

:P ^_^ :P :D 8)

I'm having to take extra ciggy breaks at work to have a play :oops:

This is a great game, I have it on pocket pc too, apart from the scaled down resolution it's exactly the same. I play with the stylus on my pda, but would rather use the E200 joypad, the joypad on my Dell Axim is crap.

A must for any smartphone gamer, enough to make owners of ANY other phone jealous!

Kevlar

Anyway if you don't touch the buttons for a few seconds and the screen dims, the game freezes and the whole phone buggers up and you have to turn it off by holding the power button down for ages or taking the battery off ^_^  

Press the camera button and then once its pop-ed up, press 'back' (the reverse arrow) you're game will soon be working again. 8)

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I think that Eclipse from Alien Invention is the best shooter (Pocket PC Magazine agree with me!).

I also like the fact that the guys from AI have supported this game with various updates even 6-8 months after release (the updates are free to registered users).

Check Eclipse out HERE.

I think there is plenty of room in the market place for both of these titles though and its nice to see other games gradually coming to the market place, it can only benefit the smartphone platform!

Guest awarner [MVP]

Thing is both Eclipse and Skyforce are totally different styles of games and should not really be compared with, had a good chat with mid on this one. Side scrollers and vertical scroller but the look and feel are both very different.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.