Never ever do what I did

Guest grindoc

Guest grindoc

never do what I just did: I shut off my phone then restarted it. when I restarted it I closed the clamshell. when I opened it up again to check the status (probably 25 seconds later becasue there was a "no service" icon on the front screen) my phone completely did a hard reset. what is more, my SIM card was not recognized. finally after three attempts and some physical manipulation of the SIM card, my SIM contacts showed up. But now, there is one residual problem: when I sync my calendar with my PC the appointments are placed on my phone but they are 1 hour later than on the computer. somehow the times are not matching up although I have the Time and Date and Regional settings correct....any thoughts?

So, I will never close my phone when restarting.

Guest pwest13
when I sync my calendar with my PC the appointments are placed on my phone but they are 1 hour later than on the computer. somehow the times are not matching up although I have the Time and Date and Regional settings correct....any thoughts?

Not anything tp do with daylight saving time? not sure bout in the US but today all clocks in UK go back an hour. My mio told me when i turned on this morning that it has put my clock back an hour.

Guest grindoc

what is interesting is somehow this was the problem. It was just a conincidence that my phone hard resetted itself at the same time that there was the time change. now I am in Arizona and we NEVER change our clocks but somehow my phone is not smart enough for that. if you are really curious about this, hit up this thread: http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php...p=465454#465454 and read what emsilver has to say. so now what I have done is set my phone to GMC -8 and then manually reset my clock to the proper time for where I am