MoDaCo Winter Event 2004 - Pics posted here!

Guest Monolithix

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

>>>>>>>View Meet Pics Here!

Final Update!

OK people here's the deal - i wasn't able to call tonight, there was NO signal at all on my train up here! My advise is to keep valuables on you at all time, unfortunately we can't be held responsible if (and its a big if!) anything does go missing. We've never had problems in the past though and i don't forsee any tomorrow!

If you registered before Thursday evening you will definately get the SMS updates (assuming you gave a valid UK number!), i've sent on the list of numbers up to now, but theres no guarantee we'll be able to get them added for the morning. Just FYI...

I will check registrations before i leave at 9:30ish in the morning, but after that your name will NOT be on the list if you register after that. HOWEVER, turn up, let the person ticking off people as they arrive know that you are a late registrator, and we'll let you in! :P

EVERYONE is welcome, don't worry if you haven't heard anything.

Hi again everybody!

It is now a matter of days until the MoDaCo Winter Event 2004! There are still plenty of spaces available so if you havent registered yet please do! All you have to do is email the following details to [email protected]:

Your Full, real, name:

Your email address:

Your age:

MoDaCo Plus or not:

Your MoDaCo username:

Your mobile number:

At the very least, we need your name so that we can sign you in when you arrive, and your age so we can identify those who are not old enough to drink ^_^

By providing your mobile number we will send you SMS updates on the day! We will only use your number on Saturday though and it will not be kept or used for any other purpose.

If you have registered already, you DO NOT need to do so again! This includes if you have used the webform on coolsmartphone.com :D

Once you have registered, and if you have done so already, keep an eye on your inbox on Wednesday When final details and confirmation will be sent out.

On the Day

So heres the low down. The event is taking place at 52 Degrees North bar in Birmingham, UK on 6th November 2004. The bar's website and directions can be found here: www.fiftytwodegreesnorth.co.uk FYI, its about 10 minutes walk from Birmingham New Street station.

We wanted to try something different to the normal "large crowd in front of a projector" setup.

So this is how it will work: We will run 6 presentations, for up to 15 people per session, symultaneously. These will then be repeated up to 3 times throughout the afternoon (depending on demand!) allowing everyone to see all that they want to.

The Agenda

The rough agenda currently looks like this:

1200 - Arrive, register and chat. Food and drink provided

1300 - Hello and welcome from MoDaCo, Orange and Microsoft

1330 - Breakout sessions

1430 - Break - food, drinks, demos, chat

1500 - Breakout sessions

1600 - Break - food, drinks, quiz!

1630 - Breakout sessions

1730 - Raffle draw and quiz winners announcement

1800 - Finish up and leave

Those are the times we're going to try to work to, but its flexible :P

Breakouts

The breakout sessions we currently have planned are as follows:

Technical(ish):

* Introduction to Smartphone development (for the non-developer)

* Smartphone development - creating a customer control, multi-line data *displays, scrolling complex forms

* Visual Studio 2005 + .NET Compact Framework 2.0 highlights

* The basics of how to build a Homescreen plug-in

* The Orange Partner Programme – get an overview of how to make best use of the support and resources Orange offers to developers

* Open session with Orange for people interested in developing mobile applications

Non-techincal:

* TomTom Mobile – GPS products

* Windows Mobile Features & Futures

* AuraComm - stereo handsfree kits

Plus demo's and reps from iMate, Astraware, Copilot, Microsoft, Orange phone trainers and the Bull Ring Orange shop manager, and other industry companies.

Demo's

There will be plenty of people who work in the Smartphone industry there for you to talk to.

Aura Communications will be showing off the latest wireless hands free equipment

TomTom and Copilot will be demonstrating their respective GPS products

iMate will have the SP3, SP3i, PDA2k and JAM available to play with

Orange are bringing all the latest handsets, a charging station, update station if you haven't got the latest software on your handset, and a 3G card demo.

We will also have an MPx220, MPx, Neonode N1, Mio 8390 and the mystery device - a Mio 8870, otherwise known as the Sagem My-s7!

The MoDaCo shop will be there!

Selling all products currently available in the MoDaCo online shop, but there and in person on the day!

We will be offering special one off deals and offers, only available at the meet. So if you're planning on buying a Windows Mobile device or any accessories, save your cash and bring it on Saturday!

Last, and certainly not least: Prizes!

In true MoDaCo event tradition we will be running a raffle to raise money for the official MoDaCo Charity - Cancer Research.

Prizes available are as follows:

3 Orange C500's!

1 Microsoft XBox!

1 Multimedia PC with 17" TFT!

Plus piles of other goodies and freebe's!

I'll add updates as i confirm them, other than that See you on Saturday!

Guest dshaugney

OOO! Jam, N1 and the MPX....how cruel is that....just when I was all set to come (only live down the road) I get an early birthday present which requires me to go to cheltenham in the morning..... there is no justice in the world! ^_^ boo hoo...

Guest midnight
OOO! Jam, N1 and the MPX....how cruel is that....just when I was all set to come (only live down the road) I get an early birthday present which requires me to go to cheltenham in the morning..... there is no justice in the world! ^_^  boo hoo...

turn up in the afternoon then hehe :D

Guest LadFromWales85

I'll come if I can 'find' money for the train by saturday, heh. Would be travelling from south west wales though, over 6 hours I think ^_^

Guest shadamehr

Well, I've once again checked Train Tickets, and they are as expensive as ever, so it means bringing the car

Sob sob.

And as I can now NOT stay overnight because of work committments on Saturday night, I can't be drinking.

Boo hoo.

But I wouldn't miss this for the world, so be gentle with teasing me folks please...

Doh, now that's thrown a spanner in the works - didn't think I'd go, as I'm not techy, then you go and post some non-techy sessions! Especially interested in TomTom. Hmm, what to do!

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest Confucious

I would love to go but at 160 miles it will cost me over £50 just to get there (by car or train) and I need all my money for TomTom Mobile....

Couldn't you have picked a venue who's website actually works in browsers other than IE BTW? It works fine in IE but fails miserably in firefox ^_^

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.