Banish that Windows Logo from your Start Menu...

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

Not liking the Windows Logo on your Second-Edition Smartphone Start Menu?

Here's a great tweak... you can remove it with a simple registry change - huge thanks to Darren T for the tip!

To remove the Start Menu flag, using PHM Registry Editor, navigate to HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftShell, create a key called Home, and add the entry 'Dptf' with the value 'DWORD:3'.

Reboot, and hey presto - no more flag!

I can confirm... it works!

You can get PHM Registry Editor here:

http://www.phm.lu/Products/Smartphone/RegEdit/

Don't forget folks, editing your registry is DANGEROUS, and should only be undertaken by experienced tweakers ^_^

P

Guest shadamehr

Does this mean there is any way to CHANGE it, to point to a DIFFERENT logo Paul, via a Registry entry, and the corresponding image loaded onto the phone somewhere...?

Any ideas anyone?

Guest MoRFLeZ
"]No, just on or off it seems thus far.

You're still alive then MoRF! ^_^ And that pic in your sig is just SCARY! lol

P

ROFL

Ummm yes ... strangely enough MoDaCo is very addictive when ya get your greedy lil hands on a new phone!

I like the Windows logo. I find good they removed the year. But I hate the Orange ugly picture that looks like a black hole or some other scary stuff. Doesn't suit to Orange, or..?

Help! I'm still unable to have MSN skin to work on my C500.

Guest blowdart
"]Use the CAB, the MSI has issues for Smartphone!

P

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Finally figured that out late last night before I saw your post. Thanks though ^_^

Now if I can just get a bluetooth headset that will doesn't put anything behind my ear I'll be a happy bunny with my new C500 :D

Paul,

I tried this little trick on a HTC C500 and a T-Mobile SDA with no luck. I attached a screen shot of the registry. Don't mind the PocketPC name, this is the only way I can connect to the device with Embedded Visual Tools. I confirm the changes took place using the mobile PHM Registry Editor.

Dptf.jpg

• 1 year later...
Guest I. C. Monsters

This one won't work on my C500. I have entered the new DWORD exactly as instructed, and I am quite familiar with editing the registry.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

• 3 months later...
Guest hotdog69
Paul,

I tried this little trick on a HTC C500 and a T-Mobile SDA with no luck. I attached a screen shot of the registry. Don't mind the PocketPC name, this is the only way I can connect to the device with Embedded Visual Tools. I confirm the changes took place using the mobile PHM Registry Editor.

i'm having the same problem on a mpx220. can anyone help?

• 5 months later...
Guest willieturnip

paul....if registery tweaks are only for the experianced...how did anyone get to be able to use them...

im geussing the foolish :)

and ferret, that isnt strictly true..the little logo came along in 2nd edition :D

*wooooohoooo....150th post! :P*

Edited by willieturnip

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.