SMT5600 Unlock interim solution.

Guest revolution.cx

Guest aristoBrat
Good luck.

I thought T-Mob did the best unlimited GPRS price in the USA (or, in fact, the world).?

Cingular has a $19.99 plan that "beats" T-Mobile by including some MMS and SMS buckets. Ambigious about whether it can be used for tethering though.

Guest ammo_collector

FYI, I've been using a Cingular sim card on my Orange C500 in Los Angeles since end of September. Also input the GPRS stuff and connecting no problem.

Guest rbutler222

Now have an unlocked 5600, AT&T phone. If I were to change to Cingular Wireless (their data plans support WAP browser only but the phone supports WAP and HTML) and using my AT&T sim card, would I still be able to browse using the HTML browser?

Thanks in advance.

Guest rbutler222

Now have an unlocked 5600, AT&T phone. If I were to change to Cingular Wireless (their data plans support WAP browser only but the phone supports WAP and HTML) and using my AT&T sim card, would I still be able to browse using the HTML browser?

Thanks in advance.

Guest Crack Monkey

Next question... if/when I unlock the 5600 and switch to Cingular or TMobile, what happens to the Mmode software and icons on the phone? I don't use them, so that's not an issue - I just hate having software and icons floating around that can't be removed. So, are they removable?

Guest aristoBrat
Now have an unlocked 5600, AT&T phone.  If I were to change to Cingular Wireless (their data plans support WAP browser only but the phone supports WAP and HTML) and using my AT&T sim card, would I still be able to browse using the HTML browser?

Thanks in advance.

If you switch to Cingular (and cancel your AT&T), your AT&T SIM wouldn't work anymore.

They have a $19.99 MEdia EXpress data plan that lets you browse HTML, stream media, and includes a certain amount of free SMS and MMSs...