SPVNoiseBox - UPDATED 03/12 v0.9.2b

Guest bosshogg

If someone would make a background for scarface, american pie, mickey blue eyes, or different strokes, I'll get started on the appropriate sounds. Just PM it to me, or any other thing you want sounds for.

Guest bosshogg
and is there a possibility for an icon to be added to the program??

I have a few things that I want to do, the icon is one of them (honest!). If I get time this weekend I'll cut a new release (no promises though cos I'll be halo 2-ing :twisted: )

Here's what I'm thinking:

- program icon

- "about" page, to show program and sound set details

- "surprise" mode - starts a timer that plays a random sound from the current sound set every 10 seconds until cancelled (useful for those load-fart-sounds-and-put-the-phone-behind-the-cushion moments :lol: )

- update the key display to show the joystick sounds if assigned

I'll try really hard to make sure that it'll work with the existing sound sets that have been created - but it might be that any custom background.jpg's will need to be changed slightly to show the new keys and menu options. More details on that as and when.

By request, here is Scarface. Just unzip in your noise box directory. Somebody test and make sure my sound boards are working on your units... My mpx220 sometimes wont play some keys...

There are sounds for all 18 available keys, including the call button, the directions, and the enter key, along with the numbers, star and pound.

Check to make sure they all work.

You'll love the enter key!

I've been cutting the sounds to work well with using on prank calls and such, let me know if you want full out longer movie quotes and phrases.

Cheers!

scarface.zip

background.JPG

Guest waltergilbert

I loved this program so much I made a quick Office one, so many one liners on that show I couldnt get them all in but made use of all 18 buttons (up,down,left,right,select and call included)

I know it works on the SPV c500 and SPV e200

check it out

Ive had some trouble downloading this zip, i dont know why, i think modaco is messed up a bit, if anyone else cant download it, just let me know, and ill post it somewhere else - just worked out its my firewall ...doh! also just uploaded a new version to work with the new version of the noisebox

background.jpg

The Office.zip

Guest bosshogg

I'll be posting a new version of the app either tonight or tomorrow. It will require changes to custom background images since I had to move the controls around and add a bunch of new ones so if anyone's working on anything new it's probably best to hold off for a day...

Guest lighthouse82

nice work bosshog. but i am having difficulties...

the first version worked fine, and i installed and created more sound sets with no probs. but now, i can't make the holy grail set work when i put it in the directory alongside fastshow, hiphop and mrt. i get hte following alert:

"error during loadConfig (storageprogram filesspvnoisebox091holygrail - extendedholygrail.xml). ArgumentException.

here is my code for this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

-

-

Ni!

secondly, i have added code for the 3 sounds in the fast show which you missed out, but despite their numbers lighting up, there is no sound coming out. here is the code:

-

-

Samples from the classic tv show. I'll get me coat...

please help, as i am desperate to release my own Alan Patridge effort to the masses!

this may be a little far fetched, but if you could hit 2 or more noises over each other, + set loops up, you could have a pocket sampler!! how cool would that be?? Posted from my SmartPhone!

Drblow I brought that up to bosshog a while back, I think it could really be the start of a great little app if it had that capability...

What do you think bosshog?? Is that something you can pull off?

the first version worked fine, and i installed and created more sound sets with no probs. but now, i can't make the holy grail set work when i put it in the directory alongside fastshow, hiphop and mrt.  i get hte following alert:

"error during loadConfig (storageprogram filesspvnoisebox091holygrail - extendedholygrail.xml). ArgumentException.

here is my code for this:

-

-

Ni!  

Try maybe adding in a "background=..." command before the "showdescription". Maybe it is giving you an error for lack of finding a background.

Guest bosshogg

the first version worked fine, and i installed and created more sound sets with no probs. but now, i can't make the holy grail set work when i put it in the directory alongside fastshow, hiphop and mrt.  i get hte following alert:

working on this now lighthouse82, stand by...

[EDIT]OK lighthouse82 it's because key D9 is defined twice in your xml, assign the last D9 to another key and it works fine.

As to the Fast Show sounds that don't play, it seems to be the format of the wav itself, which is probably why I left them out in the first place! The ones that don't work have a format of "Microsoft ADPCM" whereas all the others are "PCM". At a guess I'd say the smartphone OS doesn't have the required codec to play ADPCM files. Stick to PCM and you'll be ok.

Guest bosshogg
this may be a little far fetched, but if you could hit 2 or more noises over each other, + set loops up, you could have a pocket sampler!! how cool would that be?? Posted from my SmartPhone!
Drblow I brought that up to bosshog a while back, I think it could really be the start of a great little app if it had that capability...  

What do you think bosshog?? Is that something you can pull off?

Yes, I think it's do-able. Watch this space...!

Guest lighthouse82

thanks a lot for your help - i have literally just discovered i had the D9 in twice, and was about to post a reply saying don't worry, when i see you've spotted it too!! sorry to waste your time. should have spotted that myself. thanks for the help on Fast Show - i never would have figured that one out!!

Guest lighthouse82

just trying to get the perfect background pic for holy grail and partridge, then they'll be up. (grail is just an extended version of yours, bosshog)

Guest lighthouse82

Ok. They're ready for release. SPICEWORLD!!

I repeat that the Holy Grail board is Bosshog's with a few more sounds and a background picture. But Partridge is all my own work. (well, steve coogan was involved along the way too) :lol: :D

I have loads of American Pie, Ferris Bueller and South Park sounds, so hopefully I'll be able to release sound boards of them very soon.

cheers,

lighthouse

EDIT 10/12: updated both boards to 0.9.2 standard.

Partridge v0.9.2.zip

holy grail v0.9.2.zip

Edited by lighthouse82

Guest lighthouse82

And just for luck, I've done a Michael Jackass board - the clips are mostly around 10 seconds, so it's a bit bigger than most others, but good fun all the same :lol:

It does contain rather a lot of naughty words, since it's MJ. :shock: Don't use if easily offended (or just stick to the Up button sound!).

AP, FB and SP on their way soon. but now i must get some sleep :shock:

02/12: updated for version 0.9.2 of the app.

Michael Jackass v0.9.2.zip

Guest lighthouse82

hello again. i can't be bothered to work today. so...

i present clips from American Pie. hope you like it! again, due to the naughty content, make sure you don't DL this if you're under 18. (yep, that'll work!)

p.s. feedback greatly appreciated. requests: i'll consider them, but no promises.

American Pie.zip