Where to buy Black MPx220 in USA?

Guest GuardianZX9

Guest angeljo008
I was told by Cingulair they would only have the silver one.  Maybe ATT with have the black when they release the 220 (Nov 15?)

Since At&T are merging with Cingular this month, they will only have the Silver just like Cingular--sorry--the only place you can get a bronze one is on ebay and that will be an engineering sample Good luck

Guest bradmatejo
Since At&T are merging with Cingular this month, they will only have the Silver just like Cingular--sorry--the only place you can get a bronze one is on ebay and that will be an engineering sample  Good luck

Uh, it's not like ATT is just going to disappear. They're still going to operate separately for a while, with a gradual combining of services, consolidation of stores, etc. Besides, with Best Buy being the only place to get the 220 for now, I wouldn't be surprised if Cingulair has the black one when they start carrying it in their store. Anyhow, just speculating...

Angel I agree with Brad, you're a bit quick to assume Att to be DOA... I don't think they will completely combine for at least another 6 months. There's a lot of work that goes into that kind of thing and they want it to be a gradual switch. Mergers are a touchy thing and you don't want to alienate your pre-existing customer base. If they just eliminate Att all together, they risk that. Don't expect Att to disappear just yet...

Nowhere, yet. My money says At&t somewhere around Nov. 30th. Wait for it, It'll probably look better than the silver one. I'll probably figure out a way to trade mine then...

Guest angeljo008
Angel I agree with Brad, you're a bit quick to assume Att to be DOA... I don't think they will completely combine for at least another 6 months. There's a lot of work that goes into that kind of thing and they want it to be a gradual switch. Mergers are a touchy thing and you don't want to alienate your pre-existing customer base. If they just eliminate Att all together, they risk that. Don't expect Att to disappear just yet...

Whooooaaaa! now I never stated that At&T will be DOA--let's not jump the gun here. In my opinion...Since AT&T and cinular are in the midst of a merger---the likelyhood that they will carry a separate style of phone is small. Considering they are already exchanging stock to make their selections pretty much the same, I can't see where At&T will carry the bronze one while Cingular carries the silver. Like I said it's my opinion. Only time will tell as to what actually will happen. I never once stated that they are GONE--simply in the midst of a merger which implies COMBINING.---the only place to get a bronze one, like I stated before is to check on ebay--only there will you find a bronze one until it is released officially if at all--only Moto knows who's getting that one.

Check HERE FOR LINK TO BLACK MPX 220

If Cingular is worried about alienating AT&T's customers, that will be the first time someone has thought of us! ](*,)

I think I stated this in another thread. On the box of the Cingular MPx220, it makes a point to state that it is the silver model. Would it be safe to assume that if there were only one color offered, they wouldn't have bothered stating on the box it is silver? None of the other phones I have ever purchased from Cingular, Motorola, or Nokia state a color unless there is a choice.

Just my .02

-Mc

p.s. Anyone know if the MPx220 supports ENS?

Guest angeljo008
p.s.  Anyone know if the MPx220 supports ENS?

I just asked a Cingular rep today about that very question--I was told (verbatim) that all of Cingular's phones that they are currently carrying will support the new 64k SIMS--I asked if the mpx 220 was an ENS phone and he stated he believed it was. The guy is usually right, atleast for the 4 years that I've known him he's been right.

By the way. There is no Black MPX220. The color you speak of, Ox Blood, is actually a dark dark brown. Still cooler than Silver in my opinion. Too bad the color can't make the phone better.

Guest GuardianZX9

Yea, I call it metallic chocolate :lol:

OX Blood is an interesting name, but quite a bit cooler than Silver, everyone might think I have a Verizon phone if I had silver :D

Now I just need a current hardware revision phone, the one I found has a 0005 hardware revision, horrible battery life, bluetooth issues, and the damned backup battery problem.

G

Heres an update... from what I've heard, as of tomorrow ther will no longer BE an AT&T wireless. They are changing all there sings on the stores and ALL AT&T phone sales will cease. Their phones are network locked and won't be compatible in some way once the "switch is flipped".

So unless Cingular bucks up, there will be NO other color than silver for the 220.

Heres an update... from what I've heard, as of tomorrow ther will no longer BE an AT&T wireless. They are changing all there sings on the stores and ALL AT&T phone sales will cease. Their phones are network locked and won't be compatible in some way once the "switch is flipped".  

So unless Cingular bucks up, there will be NO other color than silver for the 220.

"Network locked"? What's that? FYI, your post seems to imply that all current ATT phones will be leftt without a functioning network at some point "when the switch is flipped"?

Thanks,

MadSci

Unfortunately, due to work obligations, I cannot qualify myself, but I can say that I know a lot about this product. I have been carrying one for about 4 months now.

Unfortunately, due to work obligations, I cannot qualify myself, but I can say that I know a lot about this product. I have been carrying one for about 4 months now.

Perhaps you might be in a position to answer a question for me. I have a Contact databae in Outlook of about 2200 contacts. The MPx200 just hasn't got the horsepower to deal with this number of Contacts, and still deliver on the Caller-ID/Picture -ID/Custom Ringtones.

Do you have any idea what the "Practical" limit for the number of Contacts is on the 220?

Thanks in advance,

MadSci

MadSci,

I am not certain as to the practical limit, as I only have about 150 contacts. I did see, however, another person that an issue with over 10k contacts on his. I assume you have had these contacts on another device, so they must have been working before. Do you store them on an SD card, or do you have them stored in the phones memory?

MadSci,

I am not certain as to the practical limit, as I only have about 150 contacts. I did see, however, another person that an issue with over 10k contacts on his. I assume you have had these contacts on another device, so they must have been working before. Do you store them on an SD card, or do you have them stored in the phones memory?

I'm using the MPx200 at the moment, interested in "Trading Up" to a 220 if this issue can be resolved. My contacts originated from Outlook, so I expect they are in the Phone itself. Need to verify this.

I brought them home form work in my Palm V, now Rusting In Peace since I got the 200.

MadSci